The Catch Up

OMARI'S POV

Nique and Fabian stare at each other in total shock as me and Denzel laugh. I mean it's funny, I don't know why particularly but it is.

"Okay I'm confused as to what's going on right now." Rhae says looking at everyone. I straighten up and decide to explain since everyone but Denzel and me seem to be in shock.

"Well I'll spare you all the details but long story short, Fabian, your baby daddy used to be Nique, your new boyfriend's friend's best friend. Now I came in the picture and Nique and I fell madly in looooove." I say dramatically and Denzel laughs. "Your baby daddy here was a hating ass hater causing trouble for me and Nique." Fabian glares at me but I don't give a fuck.

"Not only did he almost get me killed by his little 'newly found friend' but he kissed my girl, which is quite messed up I might saying."

"It's not like you didn't sit there and cheat on her more than twice, I only kissed her but how far did you go? Mr I was too drunk to realize." I start to clinch my fist and teeth then realize something and release them.

"But who's in the house though..." I say laughing.

"Omari, stop." Nique says stepping infront of me and pushing me back. I sigh, listening to what she says.

"We we're friends, we had troubles between each other and fell off, nothing more than that. No grudges." She looks at me and I smack my lips.

"No hard feelings." She looks at Fabian and he nods.

"I'm sorry I came bustin' in yo house Nique, I apologize and Rhae I'm sorry for acting like a fool I just don't want random niggas around my son." I nod.

"Shiiiit, nigga you ain't lying." I speak under my breath but Nique hears me.

"Oh don't start that again and what did I say about cussing?" I look over at Kam and Leo.

"Did y'all hear what I said?" They shake their heads. I look back at Nique. "Exactly." She hits me in the chest and I laugh.

"Anyways, I will be happy to inform you Jamal is no random guy, he's actually good with kids." Jamal steps up.

"Yea I have a daughter and I understand when you say that but I wouldn't do anything to hurt your son, word to mother." Fabian looks a little skeptical but he gives in and nods.

"Aight, I guess it's cool. Come say bye to me lil man." His son runs over to him and gives him a hug. and I can't lie that remind me of saying bye so my sons every time I dropped them off with Nique. It was a struggle because I knew I couldn't take them back home with me especially since the time for my career is so demanding; they spend most of their time with Nique. But believe, any down time I had it was spent with them. I do regret those nights when me and Nique were together that I could've spent with her and the boys but stupidly I chose to go fuck around with whack ass females. Like damn.. what was I thinking son..

"Uuuh earth to Omari, you in there son? I zone back in.

"Oh my bad my nigga." I dap Fab up. "I guess I can forgive and we can move on, I mean we are grown now. We got more important things to worry about now." I say pointing to our kids. He nods.

"Well I gotta go guys, maybe I'll see you around." We all say bye and he leaves out the door.

"I think it's time for us to be heading out too." Jamal says. Rhae nods grabbing her purse.

"Yea I don't want Romelo up way past his bedtime." We nod understandably.

"Yea it's bout time for these two to go to sleep." I say pointing at Kam and Leo.