Drunkin Night

It's 1 am, an empty bottle of wine, and a drunk Harley when there is another knock at the door.

"That better not be you, Adam!" I drunkenly yell as I open the door to Roman.

I start giggling. "Oh, it's you."

"Yeah, I figured you're home alone... and drunk?" He raises an eyebrow at me.

"Very. Loosen up and come in. I would offer you a drink, but none's left." I laugh as if I told a joke.

"That's okay, I don't drink."

"Neither do I." I hiccup.

Roman laughs, and it sounds like music.

"You have a musical laugh," I tell him in awe.

"I should have gotten here sooner to cut you off," he teases.

I feel my legs go weak, and I reach forward to grab something, but there's nothing to grab. My vision is blurry, and I feel my body being lifted off the floor.

"Am I flying?" I mutter.

I hear that musical laugh again. "No, but I have you. Which room is yours?"

"Second door to the right," I say into his chest, smelling the light cologne on his T-shirt.

Next thing I know, I am laying on my bed in the black fluffy blankets.

"I'll get you some water," Roman says.

I whisper, "Don't leave..." But I don't think he could hear me.

It feels like hours until he's back with the water, but I know it's only been a minute. I grab the cup and chug all of it, not realizing how thirsty I really was.

"Can I ask who Adam is?" he says softly.

"You already did," I laugh for a few more minutes before telling him. "Adam is my ex, and he's a jerk. He left me, even after he promised not to. He showed up tonight trying to get me back."

"Trying?"

"I slammed the door in his stupid face," I slur proudly.

Roman laughs. "Good."

"Your laugh is so pretty," I tell him again.

"You're pretty," he stares at me for a second but then turns away.

"Why didn't you kiss me?" I demanded. "You could've now, and you could've at the mountains too, so why didn't you?"

"I'm... old fashioned... I like to take things slow."

"Well, I hate to break it to you, but it's 2016, that's rare these days."

"True love is rare these days," he tells me. "Did you love Adam?"

I think for a moment before answering. "Yes, I really think so... I had such a hard time after he left, it changed my life."

"If you have to guess, then you don't love him, you never did. When it's real love, you know. You feel every part of it."

"Sounds like you're talking from experience?" I ask him curiously.

He shrugs. "It was a long time ago."

And that's when I realized I didn't even know how old he was. I always assumed he was my age.

"How old are you?" I ask him.

"23."

I suck in a breath. "Wow, I just assumed you were my age..."

"Does it bother you?"

It might be the wine, but I wrap my arms around his neck and pull myself into his lap and look straight into his blue eyes. "No, not at all," I say honestly. I try to kiss him, but he pulls away.

"I just don't want our first kiss to be while you're drunk," Roman tells me.

"But I know what I want, I know how I feel," I insist.

"Okay, well, maybe next time, when you're sober."

"Meanie," I say with a huge yawn.

"You better get some sleep," he tells me, tucking me into bed.

"Stay with me," I tell him, and he does.

I fall asleep on his chest, not sure if my head is spinning from Roman or the wine or both. The last thing I remember is the soft smell of cologne on his sweatshirt.