Serial Killer P.O.V.

Tonight, I have chosen my next victim. She has made it incredibly clear and easy for me. After countless women I have mercilessly killed to satisfy my insatiable thirst for blood, this one will serve a purpose.

Perhaps I should feel nervous, but I am not the same scared little boy I once was. Remorse no longer lingers within me. I am devoid of feeling, except when she is involved.

Out of all the people in this vast world, why must I love her? Maybe if I prove my love by eliminating the person who hurt her the most, she will be mine.

Although I have not been a vampire for long, I have mastered the control of my bloodlust. Mind control is also an ability I possess.

I patiently hide in the bushes, observing Harley as she departs Alley's grand residence. She drives away in her small black car, and I approach the door, knocking.

Alley answers, her appearance far from pleasant. Recognition flashes in her eyes as soon as she sees me. I lock eyes with her.

"Invite me in," I state simply.

"Come in..." she responds, her voice distant and entranced.

I step into her home for the first time since my transformation. To a human's eyes, the house appears clean, but to a vampire, the floating dust is visible.

"Do not speak," I command, maintaining eye contact.

She nods obediently.

I reveal my fangs to her, witnessing fear flicker in her eyes as she remains paralyzed.

Slowly, I approach her neck. I can sense her desire to scream, but she is unable to. Although her blood tantalizes my senses, I only consume half, leaving her dizzy and barely conscious.

"I shall prolong your demise compared to the others," I declare, seizing her and swiftly carrying her home with inhuman speed.

             Harley's P.O.V.

I burst through the front door, running straight into Roman's waiting arms. He tenderly cups my face and kisses me, leaving me feeling dizzy and elated.

"I missed you!" I exclaim, burying my face in his broad chest.

He chuckles. "I haven't even been gone for a full three days."

"Still too long," I shake my head.

"I missed you too, love," he says, his blue eyes sparkling. "How have you been?"

"Good. I was at Alley's, and we made up."

"I knew you would," he smiles.

"She's coming over in the morning to meet you," I inform him. "It was part of our deal."

"I'm looking forward to it then," he smiles.

"Maybe we could double date!" I suggest, and he laughs.

"Maybe. I've never been on a double date before."

"It would be so much fun!"

He smiles at me and pulls me closer.

"You have no idea how much I missed you."

I pull him in for a soft, passionate kiss. Suddenly, that familiar sensation of our souls leaving our bodies is present. Our souls intertwine in the air, swirling together into a different universe.

My body feels weightless, and nothing else matters. I can't even recall my own name. All that exists is our entangled souls, bound together for what feels like eternity.

I fall asleep on Roman's chest, in my own bed, as he plays with my long, dark hair. The last thing I remember is whispering to him that I love him before drifting off into a deep slumber.

"Harley, wake up, my love," Roman says softly, but I can sense the strain in his voice.

I stir, half-asleep, until my lips find his. "Good morning, love," I greet him.

"Good morning. I'm sorry to disturb you, but you need to get up," he says, his eyes filled with concern.

I look at him, sensing something is wrong. "What's going on?"

"The police are here. Your friend Alley is missing."