Its Him

I hastily jump out of bed and grab my black robe. "What?!"

"You were the last one to see her," Roman explains.

I rush out of my room to find two police officers sitting on my couch, a man and a woman.

"Hello, I am Officer Heart, and this is my partner, Officer Clark," the woman introduces herself, extending her hand to me.

"Hello," I reply, my voice trembling, tears streaming down my cheeks. "What happened to Alley?"

"We were hoping you could help us. A maid mentioned that you were with her for the past two days," Officer Clark explains.

"Yes, I left last night. She was supposed to come over this morning," I manage to say between sobs. "I can't believe this is happening."

Officer Clark gives me a sympathetic look. "We are going to do everything we can to find her. We suspect that the serial killer may have taken her."

Roman wraps his arms around me, comforting me. "It's going to be okay," he whispers softly into my hair.

Officer Heart notices Roman and asks, "And who is this?"

"I'm her boyfriend," Roman replies.

I look at him in surprise. Boyfriend?

"Please give us a call if you remember anything that might be useful," Officer Heart says, handing Roman her card.

As soon as they leave, I break down crying uncontrollably.

"She has to be okay. We have to find her. She has to be safe," I sob, more to myself than to Roman, as tears continue to fall.

"It's going to be okay. We will find her," Roman tries to reassure me. "We'll take my car. It's faster."

"But I don't even know where to start!" I cry out in frustration.

Roman gives me a small smile. "I do."

It turns out that Roman has been trying to track down the serial killer for a while now. He has a lead on an address where Alley might be.

"Why didn't you tell the cops?" I ask him.

"Because they don't know what they're up against. They won't win," he replies.

"And we will? We can't just show up empty-handed! That's walking into our own death!"

"Who said I was empty-handed?" Roman retorts.

I inquire about what he means, but he refuses to tell me. He probably has a trunk full of guns or something.

"You know, cops are trained to take down serial killers," I tell him.

"This guy isn't a serial killer," he says.

"What is he?" I ask, my voice barely above a whisper.

"He's not human," Roman reveals.

I recall the news reports of the victims being found completely drained of blood. My face goes pale. "Is it a vampire?" I barely manage to say.

"You're going to think I'm crazy, but yes... I shouldn't be telling you this, but I need you to be prepared for anything... Also, please remember we might not find your friend alive," Roman warns, his words sending a chill down my spine.

My blood runs cold. "Drive faster," I command through gritted teeth.

We make the drive in record time, arriving at the location in just 10 minutes.

"Stay behind me," Roman whispers so quietly that I can barely hear him.

I nod, my heart pounding, as we enter an old house in the ghetto part of town. Roman opens the front door silently, revealing an empty house.

"It looks abandoned," I whisper, my voice trembling.

"No, vampires don't need furniture," Roman explains.

"How do you know so much about this?" I demand, my fear and curiosity getting the better of me.

"I just do," he replies evasively.

"No, if you want me to trust you, tell me now," I insist.

He sighs and smiles at me, and before my very eyes, his perfect white teeth transform into sharp fangs.

My eyes widen in shock. "You're one of them?"

"Yes, but I am older, smarter. The vampire we are dealing with is young and stupid," Roman confesses.

"Who are you calling stupid?" a familiar voice sneers.

My heart shatters into a million pieces as I recognize the voice. I slowly turn around and come face to face with Adam, covered in blood and sporting a sinister smile, his own fangs on display.