Love

When Roman arrived, my eyes were still red and swollen from crying, but I had regained some sobriety. He immediately embraces me, concerned. "What happened?" he asks gently.

I manage to choke out the words between sobs, "Alley ended our friendship. She just cut me off completely."

He tries to reassure me, "Maybe you two will make up. Friends fight all the time."

I appreciate his attempt at comforting me and the way he refers to me as a woman. "It's not that simple. We never fought before. This is different."

"It'll be alright. Go take a shower, and when you come out, I'll have everything ready for a relaxing evening," he suggests, planting a gentle kiss on my forehead.

Feeling a glimmer of hope, I agree, "Okay, that sounds nice."

After a shower that soothes my emotions, I change into a short black nightgown and head back to the living room. Roman has set up candles, laid out pizza on the coffee table, and arranged pillows and blankets on the couch. Bram Stoker's Dracula, my favorite movie, plays on the TV.

Roman's gaze lingers on me as I enter the room. Unable to resist, I run to him and jump into his arms, kissing him passionately.

"You're amazing," I express my gratitude.

He responds with a smile, "That's all you, love." He carries me to the couch, and we cuddle as we start the movie.

Throughout the film, we hold each other, devouring pizza. By the end, I find myself shedding tears for Dracula's unjust fate.

"Why are you crying? Dracula is the villain," Roman whispers into my hair.

I protest, "No! He's just misunderstood. He suffered heartbreak and all he wanted was love. He didn't deserve to die."

"Do you really believe in vampires?" Roman asks, genuinely curious.

I lift my gaze to meet his, contemplating. "I believe in the vastness of the world. We can't know everything that exists out there."

"Does it scare you?" he inquires.

"Sometimes..." I confess. "But if vampires do exist, I'm sure they aren't exactly as we imagine. Many of the stories are probably just myths."

His admiration shines through as he tells me, "You're amazing. You believe in the extraordinary."

I kiss him, feeling that familiar rush of emotions. Dizzy with desire, I pull him closer, attempting to remove his shirt. But he gently stops me.

"This is enough," he states.

My disappointment is evident as I express, "But I want more... I want you."

"No, I just want to kiss you. I want to take things slow and do them right," he assures me.

Without arguing, I comply. Although I desire more, I respect his wishes. We spend the entire night on the couch, kissing and holding each other. In that moment, nothing else in the world matters. Our souls intertwine, creating a universe of our own. It feels like I'm falling in love.