Chapter 4

Hey guiyzz omfggg I’m crying so much rn omggggg- I’m listening to the leaked version of the entire Midnight Memories album. I was planning on waiting till it was released, but then my friend made me listen to it and I was like ‘Oh well’. Now I’m crying crying crying sooooo much

 AAAHHHH I’m listening to it right now ik I’m such a bad person but idk… ish meh sWEGG ;D Anywaayyyy this chapter’s hopefully gonna be long I just wanna get rid of Bel- I MEAN make her move in this one o_O hehehe :3 …

‘YOU MAKE ME WANNA SSSSS’ –Niall <3

Read on bc it’s Better Than Words ;)

Bella’s POV

My feet wandered around the cement path, my eyes scanning over the amazing pieces of artwork displayed on the brick walls. I looked ahead of me, seeing a narrow passage leading to the busy motorway. I rotated my head to the right, observing the train tracks, slightly stained with blood. My mind flashes back to the memories of my father reading the local newspaper during breakfast and him telling me about the amount of people who died and committed suicide by jumping in front of trains.

My eyes hovered to the large poles supporting the large structure of the rails above me. They too were tattooed with various words decorated in eccentric colours, outlining them were large words such as ‘swag’, ‘yolo’ and ‘#hashtag’. That’s so 2010. I bowed my gaze to the cracked pavement and noticed my black leather boots had a piece of neon pink gum stuck to the heel. Ew.

‘Remember when…we first met?’ Niall’s voice sounded nervous as if he regretted asking the question. I turned my body to see Niall and Marissa looking anxious. They thought I wasn’t listening- I would never miss a cheesy Narissa moment. (That’s right I ship them, join the club)  Niall looked to the ground as Marissa did the same, but fiddled with the hem of her white blouse.  ‘Yeah… That was… I owe you Nialler.’ She blushed and smiled up at him. Niall awkwardly chuckled and shook his head. ‘Not gonna lie, you needed help… You needed it bad.’ Marissa playfully slapped his arm. ‘Hey! Mean!’ Just like him to ruin a moment.  Do I have to teach them everything? What will they do without me? I’m suddenly regretting leaving them even more. I only have a few hours till we leave.

Me, Niall and Mari decided to visit our old hangout spot. It’s the place where Niall and Marissa first met during a very severe situation. I was very close to Mari at the time, but she cut me off completely for a few days and I wasn’t the one to be there for her. Niall was. But that’s okay, without that, we would’ve never been the three musketeers roaming the streets.

‘So Bella, how long do you have left?’ Finally Marissa had snapped out of her trance and decided to realise I was here too. Gosh, nowadays being with them, I feel like a third wheel.  Frowning, I checked the time on my phone. ‘Just 3 hours now. Then I have to go home and do the final checks before we leave.’  

‘Oh’

‘Well this is fun.’  Niall said uncomfortably.

I strode up to one of the panels covered in various colours spray paints. I recognised the terrible attempt at graffiti Marissa had drawn, well, splotched on the canvas. It was bright pink with a thick green layer coated on the edge of the large rosy blob. Niall was the best at graffiti out of the three of us, he had written his name in large cursive letters with each letter overlapping the one before. It had been spray painted in flowing colours, going from a blue ‘N’ to end with a dark green ‘L’, outlined by a thick black line.

A smile played at my lips as I found my name written in small, purple, bold letters next to a large portrait of a mermaid with red hair falling off her shoulders with a black tail. She was sitting on a rock, gazing at the wide blue ocean. You could only see her back (because I had no clue how to draw her facial features, I’m no professional, and Niall was too busy with his own artwork.) I’m aware that graffiti in this area is illegal, heck we all knew it when we did this a year ago. But to hell with the laws, we’re young and free.