I Know Who You Are

Knock, knock.

You nervously shift outside of his apartment door. The door opens and you jump a bit.

“I m-made dinner, would you like me to bring some over?”

He raises and eyebrow and then smirks, “Hmmm…… No” he closes the door, leaving you standing there stunned.

What. The. Actual. Fu-‘the door swings back open and he steps out.

“The deal was to have dinner in your apartment” he states, a smirk still on his face.

A blush rises to your face, one part embarrassment, one part anger; you stammer “W-would you p-please join me for dinner.”

You weren’t really asking, but he didn’t either really.

He flutters his eyelids and says in the manliest girls' voice, “Oh, why, I’d love to.”

You hold back a smile, but fail miserably. You turn and go back inside your apartment, leaving the door open. You move to the kitchen and begin setting up plates, silverware, and divvying the food.

Hearing the door close, you turn to set the plates on the fold out table and look up to him. Looking at your laptop. Open. On YouTube.

Your eyes widen as you quickly step over and close it. Looking over to him for a reaction, you find he’s mere inches from you.

“D-Dinner is ready…” you trail off, trying to bring attention away from YouTube and the redness on your face. You return to the table, sitting and looking down at the fidgeting hands in your lap.

He’s not moving’ you feel anxious and your eyes start to sting. You look over to him, meeting his gaze, let out a large sigh and say

“I know who you are…”