Jazzed Up

You wanted to wear something relaxing, but he had messaged you about some jazz club. You adjust yourself in the mirror, pulling at the semi-formal attire you picked out. You curled your hair a bit and finished off your look with a sparkling lip gloss. A wonderfully sweet scent wafts up and you refrain from licking your lips as you look at the container that says its cinnamon bun scented, not flavored. You look yourself over once more before leaving the apartments and knocking on Mark’s door.

He answers, leaning against the doorframe, and your jaw drops a little. You blush and close your mouth, swirling one of your curls.

Marks POV

She’s ten minutes early. I hope I look okay. I open the door and trip up a little, but save myself by leaning on the doorway. My jaw drops a little, seeing her in something other than a t-shirt and jeans. I quickly close my mouth, hoping she didn’t notice, instead I see her mouth ajar as well. I smile and she blushes, fiddling with her hair.

“I know this sounds weird, but would you mind stepping in while I, uh, finish getting ready?”

She fakes a gasp, “You take more time than a woman to get ready?” she giggles.

I roll my eyes playfully and return inside, “I just need to grab my wallet and phone.”

“Sure” she says sarcastically as she closes the door.

I quickly grab my belongings, my fingers running past a rose wrapped in plastic. The least I could do is make her feel like a lady for the night. I grab it as well and continue on to playfully stomp out.

“Ya’ know what, missy? Here,” I hold out to the rose out to her, I blush lightly and jokingly stammer, “y-you’re just so gosh d-darn pretty.”

She blushes and smiles, taking the rose, looking down at it a bit adoringly. That’s what I wanted, that expression. I lean towards her and lift her face so I could see it better, catching the scent of something sweet. Her blush deepens. She back away and I smile.

“Shall we go?” I hold out my arm to her. It feels like déjà vu again as she takes my arm, but I brush it off and leave out.

Your POV

You look around at the warm atmosphere of the jazz club. Everyone seems to be having a good time, talking, eating, and watching the band. You eyes eventually wander over to Mark, head propped on an arm, looking at you. You blush and look down, grabbing a fry off your plate and nibbling on it.

“I don’t do this very often, so sorry if I seem a bit weird,” he says suddenly.

“Don’t do what often? Go out? Or go out to places with fans?” You ask.

“Well, those too but… I guess just plain going out with pretty ladies,” he flashes a goofy smile, chuckling, “that was cheesy.”

You laugh as well, “I’m gonna need a fondue pot for all that cheese.”

He pays for the dinner, even though you insisted on going halfies with him, so instead you put in for the tip.

He leads you over to the bar, patting the stool beside him. You slightly hesitate as you climb onto the bar stool as he orders two rum and cokes.

You manage to convince Mark to not go overboard at the bar, and return home to play some games. Making a quick stop into your apartment, you make sure to grab Tekken Tag Tournament 2, just so you could beat him.

You return outside to see him patiently waiting for you, leaning against the railing. You flash him the game and smirk.

“So what kind of bets are you willing to make on this game?”