Chapter 1: The Life Eraser

I will never return to any Six Flags park ever again after this happened. It was August 3rd, and me and my friends Megan and Trevor were at Six Flags America in our home state of Maryland. As we arrived, we started discussing which ride we should go on first. I wanted to go on the Pirate ship, but Trevor wanted to go on Batman, and Megan wanted to go on Superman: Ride of Steel. Ultimately, we decided to go on the Mind Eraser, which is the least popular roller coaster in the park, so there was a very short line, about a 5 minute wait. We got to the platform as the next train went up the loud lift, making a loud click clack noise. We were eager to ride it, since we were next. However, when they reached the top, I heard a slight creak. I thought nothing of it, since it was known for being rough. But the next event scarred me for life. As they were descending the first drop, a support pole collapsed taking a few pieces of track with it. The train came to this gap and fell 20 feet to the ground below, with blood-curdling screams heard from the passengers as they hit the concrete, breaking and fracturing bones and knocking some unconscious. Trevor vomited while I stood there in complete shock. Megan spoke. "Holy fuck! Liya, let's get out of here! I want a refund!". We walked out of the line as paramedics and news helicopters arrived to the scene. To this day, I refuse to ride any roller coaster.