Chapter 4 - Still Tuesday, 25th March - At the library, after classes

Still Tuesday, 25th March – At the library, after classes

I couldn't finish telling everything. I was forced to stop writing when class finished. Fortunately, Chloe was already coming here so I thought it would be a great idea. Hiding with her at a table in at the far end of the library's second floor is the easiest way of not encountering Portia.

Okay, not exactly. She is downstairs, studying as always. But at least here I can pretend that we can't speak because we need to be quiet.

The downside of the situation are the looks Chloe gives me once in a while for typing so madly and quickly.

But I still have things to tell.

Matthew Wickham can say whatever he wants, but the universe seems to be taking my side. Our teacher, who shamelessly loves and idolises him, did me a favour of postponing the assignment to the next week. I have other seven days to create a better drawing and rub it in his face.

Not that I'm going to start it now.

Anyway, Observation Drawing class was really slow, now that I didn't have to hand a drawing that had been stained by my arm.

Lunch, however, was not.

When April and I arrived at the cafeteria, Chloe, Jane and Portia were already seated. I almost pulled April to the other table at the other side. I almost dragged her to the coffee shop, instead of following her to the place we picked out lunch. Almost doing something is the same thing as not doing it, isn't it?

That was what I was thinking when I slid my legs inside the bench and sat in front of Portia.

"So, how was class?" Is it me, or does she only know how to make general question nowadays?

"Perfect," I said.

"Terrible!" April cried. "I spend the whole weekend killing myself for that assignment!"

"The drawing one?" Even Chloe seemed to know about it and I had the slightest idea.

April nodded.

"He didn't cancel the assignment," I defended. "Just put it off. You'll still have your prize."

She shrugged.

"By the way, Elisa," Chloe said, while I opened my sandwich. "Do you have anything to tell us?"

Suddenly, all their eyes were on me.

---

"What do you mean?"

"Did anything happen today that you would like to share with us?" She insisted.

"Nothing in the hallway?" Jane added while April grabbed her mobile in a hurry.

"Dammit," I just wanted to think it, but the word ended up getting out of my mouth.