Chapter 6 - Wednesday, 26th March - Inside the closet. Ten something at night

Wednesday, 26th March - Inside the closet

Wednesday, 26th March - Inside the closet. Ten something at night.

Believe me, I'm not here by choice. Not entirely.

I prepared myself to write on my bed. But Jane asked if I couldn't write another time. Apparently, the light was bothering her. She slept on the top part of Chloe's bunk bed, while I slept on top of April's. I don't like sitting on the floor inside a square metre room, mainly when there are some coats that keep dangling over my head bothering in such a way that I would end up pulling them off of the hanger. But I really needed to write.

Firstly, the good news. Kira Giovanni found other students and stories to fill her blog with. Actually, Matthew's still there. But our fight was quickly forgotten by everyone. If anyone had been bothered about it in the first place.

Another good news: Portia spent the rest of the day avoiding me. The distance only made her get even closer to Valentia and her other roommates, but that doesn't change anything. At least she's not sitting with me anymore, pretending to have a subject and bringing that girl to join us.

But on the other hand, during dinner, she even tried to smile at me. I returned the greeting, fast and painless, and went back to ignoring her. Who knows what she's thinking about right now.

Today was Ben's day off. I haven't told him about Portia yet. I could most likely send a message to his mobile, but I didn't insist on it. I'll talk to him later. I think he's taking the night shift tomorrow, but I needed to confirm it.

He's friends with her. With Portia, I mean. At the beginning, he wasn't. I think we were already eleven when I finally started calling the both of them to the same activities. Or maybe it was just once. All the other ones must've been Portia. Have I already said that she's a people magnet?

I'll admit it here quickly that I never wanted them to become friends. I had the impression that, as soon as they officially met, he would forget about me and be way more friends with her. I had never had this insecurity with her, but with him, it was almost a certainty. I mustn't have even introduced them on purpose, but I wasn't sure.

And they became friends. At one point it was worse. Or better, depending on the viewpoint. He would participate with her in all the programs that I didn't want to. Plays at the theatre, poetry reading, this type of things. I believe he ended up getting tired of it, as I don't remember the last time they had met with or without me.

But, at the same time, the last time that I myself had gone out with Portia must've been in a few months back. At best, she came to visit me at the castle.

The fact was that I hoped that she would talk to him about me. Who knows, she could finally admit to someone that she was crossing the line more than a normal person would. But I'll only find that out tomorrow.

The rest of today was even more exciting than I thought it would be when Chloe told me once more that she would go to the library to study. Jane went with her after the last class, while April was busy with a project she was making for herself.