Chapter 9 - Still Saturday, 29th March - At the castle, 5:40 pm

Still Saturday, 29th March - At the castle, five forty in the afternoon

I had to stop writing. Joan and Michelle came to bring our afternoon tea to me and my mother. However, I ended up having to drink it by myself.

Not tea, coffee. I can't stand tea.

Only, then, after many minutes late, Elena came to knock on my door to let me know something inconvenient had happened and my mum could no longer come. I'll admit I was a bit disappointed. I wanted to talk to her about Portia.

But it's okay. I need to talk about the rest of last night. I haven't even told half of it yet. I haven't even talked about how things had changed.

Where was I?

Oh, yes. When I promised Ben I wouldn't drink anymore. That means, a few minutes before I went back to the bar to fill my cup. I had gotten a second one and asked the barman to fill it when another person appeared by my side.

Guess who.

Matthew Wickham.

It was taking too long.

"I have a better idea," was the first thing he said, giving me the impression he was in the middle of a conversation with another person.

But I looked around and didn't see anyone. Or I was way drunker than I had thought, or had lost an important part.

"Here," he grabbed one cup from my hand without asking and emptied it inside his while drinking from it.

I found that so cool! And it was! He was replacing the beer he drank in real time! I couldn't control my excitement, I kept jumping for him to give me back my cup so I could try it too!

I thought it would be the hardest thing to do in the world, but it was quite easy! And as much long I could last without spilling the whole beer, more excited I became! I just stopped to laugh.

Indeed, I had already drunk too much.

At that moment, some friends of Matthew came by and introduced themselves, although I wouldn't be able to say one of their names right now. However, they weren't trying to entertain me, so I soon wanted to get out of there.

I practically stumbled far away from them, thinking about finding my friends and being with them. But, before I could get far, I felt Matthew grabbing my arm.

"Where are you going?" He asked, walking around me until he stood before me.

I swung the hand with the beer cup in the air. "Around," I said.

I had never been so drunk, not that night, nor in my life. But I was okay. I wanted to smile all the time, even when I didn't have any idea of what I was thinking or what I would do.

"Stay here," Matthew said.

I could swear I was going mad, – and I was sure he could see that on my face, – but I felt him putting his hands on my waist and pulling me to him.