Waiting

She stands alone on a stormy day, waiting for the train to come. It represents a new chance at life, a happier one, the very same train her friends had choosen to take. She waits and waits, with her thoughts set on the fact when the train comes by she'll be greeted by the others. She thinks they'll get off and join her in her life of troubles and sorrow. She waits with sadness, as the sands of time slip away.

The train begins to appear slowly in the distance. The smiles aboard light the path, and laughter can be heard for miles. The sounds of a mixture of elegant strings and a angelic voice come from the inside, along with smiling faces, drawings litered about the floor, fresh cookies on a tray. All the things that signal a pleasent way of life.

A head appears out the window, looking to see what is ahead. The train slows to a halt, and her now-distant friend reaches a hand out for her, along with a smiling face and a promise of happiness. But she revokes the invite, and turn her head in disgrace. The train is on a schedule and must leave soon. The saddened looks in the eyes of her friends slowly begin to move away, becoming even more distant. Then, the laughter and music and joyful sounds start again, and the bright train chugs away.

She stands alone, at the station. Waiting for the train that might never return. And her world

fade

away