Chapter 5

He gave me a pointed look and ran his hands through his hair whith an annoyed growl.

"Why?" Ian said suddenly with a harshness to his voice. I could feel the anger well up inside me and nestle itself in my chest, ready to break loose at any second.

"Because!", I practically screamed, "I have been in this place for I don't even know how many days with a man that I don't know who could possibly kill me at any given second and knows pretty much everything about me. I have been pulled down so many hallways and passed so many doors that everything looks exactly the same. Not to mention I'm sitting in that previously mentioned creepy man's room while a crazy idea stirs in his head about how he's probably going to murder me and where he should hide the body. I think I have a good enough reason to ask why"

Ian just kinda smirked and placed his hand under his chin and raised an eyebrow at me.

"You know, You're kinda hot when you get angry" He said while trying not to laugh. I felt completly defeated as tears bagn to well up in m eyes and my face got hot.

I didn't know what i was going to do.

Ian's P.O.V

It was hard to see some girl that I only knew facts about sit in front of me and label me as her worst enemy. Not that I was never anyone's enemy, but I never was that fast.

The thing was I couldn't just tell Jenelle what was going on; it was too hard and I wasn't sure how I could possibly explain something that I wasn't even too sure of myself. I had a reputation to uphold and honestly that wasn't a very easy thing to do for an 18 year od guy. I had a lot of people to impress and I didn't have any room to screw up.

I only had one chance to pull this off

And I wasn't exactly sure I wanted to.

I stood up and started pacing. I could feel her eyes on me as i scuffed my shoes off the rug. I needed to do something. I needed to say something. But what options did I have?

If I told her some things before I was supposed to, that could affect me. The saying goes " A tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep". Well, this tiger does.

I had a lot of things going for me at this second and I couldn't go against my uncle Jimmy's orders. I didn't know why I needed to take this girl; I was just told to. I was told to be tough and strong and to do what I was told. I was told to act like a man. My mother would have said that no real man would ever have acted like that but my father was a different story. He was the one I had to please even if i didn't want to. And in ths situation I didn't want to. But if I didn't please dad, then I didn't please uncle Jimmy.

I couldn't just revolt either. It was way to risky in this situation. I didn't know what would happen to me. And something inside me said that I didn't want to know what might happen to Jenelle either.

I had to make a decision and fast. Jenelle stared at me expectanlty. I had to take ne risk at least for now until I figured something out.

"I can't tell you why you're here" I said after a long period of silence. I saw her face drop and get red again. She was mad, that was a given.

She stood up and walked over to the window and set her hand against the glass. I could see the heat from her hand make a fog against the cold window as she stared out into the snow covered city. Winter was a beautiful time around here but the beauty of the glimmering lights was dulled witht he heartache that hung in the room.

And in that moment I realized that never before have I felt so much sympathy for one human being.

Jenelle's P.O.V

My heart sank as I pressed my lips together and try to hold back the tears while my throat constricted and my entire body threatened to crash into a sob. I was scared more than i have ever been in my life. More than any time I had come home to find my mom half dead on the bathroom floor with her heroin nearby. More than the time that my brother beat my mother in front of me when I was five years old. More than when I watched my father walk out on us and never come back. I felt like that I, like him, would never see the inside of my home again.

I was ready to give up all hope. The lights of a city lay benieth me and turned into bright blurs as my eyes began to cascade. The cold coming off of the window was combining with the warm air around me and making it hard to breathe. I could see Ian's silhouette relfect off of the glass.

This entire thing was his fault.

And in that moment I realized that never before have I felt so much hatred for one human being.