26 - Catwoman

"Then what do you want with the body?" Uncle Chris asks after several seconds after sending death glares at my boyfriend. 

Aunt Kate's eyes dart to meet his. "I wish I could tell you."

As she steps closer, Uncle Chris strides up to her, suddenly drawing his gun underneath her chin. 

I raise both of my hands in the air, mocking a football fan that got excited over a touchdown. "Yes! You go, Uncle Chris!" I cheer him on. I nudge Stiles in the side. "I got to learn that move."

Everyone ignores me. Everyone missed me when I had died, but I don't think they missed the fact I have no filter and tend to say the wrong things at the wrong time. 

"I always forget you carry two." Kate tilts her head upwards. 

"Back off!" Uncle Chris shouts at her, intimidatingly.

"You sure you can pull the trigger fast enough?" Aunt Kate asks with an amused look. 

I raise a brow at how serious this whole situation is getting. I never really expected to see my uncle and aunt threatening each other's lives, but the supernatural can really put some tension in your lives. 

"I don't want to." 

"You're not going to kill me." 

"I'm not going to let you take his body." 

Stiles reaches for my hand. "Okay, well, obviously, you guys have a lot to talk about, so- maybe I saw some coffee, a vending machine outside." He awkwardly scratches the back of his head. 

"Listen to me, Kate, we have a plan." Uncle Chris tries to get through her thick skull. 

Aunt Kate squints her eyes. "If killing Scott was part of it, you're worse than me."

I plant my feet on the ground and keep a tight hold on Stiles' hand to keep him from walking away from all of this. "He's telling the truth. We're trying to get to The Benefactor." 

"If you didn't notice, you're on that list, too. And you're worth more than most." Uncle Chris snaps.

"That's why I'm here." 

"Then back off and let us do what we have planned." Uncle Chris tries to plead with her, except it sounds more like a threat. "Take the Beserkers and go." 

She glances down at the watch on Uncle Chris' arm. We're down to three minutes before it's too late to save Scott. Where the hell is Kira? 

I step forward, nearly yanked backwards when Stiles doesn't follow. "Aunt Kate, please." I attempt to sound as sweet as possible, even though we both know that I never really liked her. "We have a plan."

Aunt Kate thinks everything over before sprinting out of the morgue. Less than a minute later, Kira rushes into the morgue by herself. After digging my nails into Stiles' arm from watching Kira trying to bring Scott out of the coma she put him in, Scott flies up from the table, shouting. 

"Oh, thank god." Stiles mutters under his breath, pulling me into his side, relieved. 

Kira places one hand on the back of Scott's head and leans down to kiss him. 

"What happened? Did it work?" Scott demands seconds after they kiss. 

Everyone adverts their eyes away from Scott, not wanting to be the one to tell him that everything we did was for nothing. The Benefactor never showed up, like we were all hoping they would. 

Liam bursts into the room, his eyes instantly falling upon Kira. 

"Liam, what?" I ask when he just stands there in silence. "We can't read your mind."