CQ - 9

"This smells delicious!"

Finn exclaimed while licking his lips.

"Finn, so immature you're shooing the girls off"

Gunner pointed out that made both of them laugh.
Their laughter echoed inside the cafe making every available girls squirm.

Zinnia just smiled at the both of them trying to free what she was feeling at the moment, hindi siya mapakali.

Zinnia heaved a deep sigh when she suddenly felt queasy, she was suppose to be comfortable with these jeans and shirt, suppose to be.

Pinilit na isinawalang bahala ni Zinnia ang nararamdaman at tahimik nalang na kumain, mas yumuko siya nang kusa nalang bumigat ang pakiramdam niya.

"Dad visited me last night"

Zinnia slowly looked up at Finn impassively. She was like hearing a nonsense joke from his brother this time,  mas lalong bumigat lamang ang kanyang pakiramdam sa sinabi ng kanyang kapatid.

Zinnia's eyes went raging.

"What did he do?"

Finn darted his gaze somewhere avoiding the anger on Zinnia's eyes and gestured at Gunner to calm her.

But Gunner couldn't do anything about it.

"Nothing, he just... he just misses us"

Finn heard a flat laugh from her sister, it was a laugh without humor audible in it, that made Gunner worry.

"I never knew demons are capable of missing someone."

Zinnia sarcastically stated that made Finn groan.
He should've just kept quiet about it instead telling it to her sister... stupid Finn.

"Anyways, how was the cake?"

Finn, trying to change the topic.
He slowly gaze at her sister hoping.

Finn felt relief into his system when her Zinnia smiled brightly.

"It tastes great I haven't tasted it since... I don't know."

Napatingin lang sila sa dalaga na ngumiti ng pagak at umiiling iling.

Finn was waiting for Zinnia to continue what she was saying and so was Gunner but no words
left her mouth. That made Gunner disappointed.

You haven't tasted it since the last time we visited together in this city.

Gunner wanted to say it but he can't there's somewhat that stopped him from saying it.

If this was something to be remembered he'll surely cherish it for  his lifetime. 
But the sudden pang hit Gunner realizing something.

She wasn't the same Zinnia anymore.

Gunner gaze at the cold Zinnia in front of him and heave a deep sigh.

It was the lifeless Zinnia he is facing right now. 

Nakatingin lang si Gunner sa mukha ni Zinnia na hindi mapakali, Zinnia's eyes darted back and forth to them and from the outside, Gunner narrowed his eyes and creased his forehead, he wanted to ask Zinnia about it. If she's okay but it was too late when Zinnia stood up shaking.

"I'm sorry,  I'll be back."

Zinnia briskly walked out and left their table leaving trails of her cold aura together with her sweet scent, Gunner was worried so do was Finn.

"What happened to her?"

Finn asked Gunner and stood up but Gunner shook his head and stood up.