F O U R

F O U R

       ❝ loneliness is a sign                        you are in desperate                                            need of yourself ❞                                           - Rupi Kaur                                             Milk and Honey

you are in desperate
need of yourself ❞
- Rupi Kaur
Milk and Honey

Margo Frasier sat at the dinner table with her mother and father at either side of her, at the ends of the table. She saw her father had a beer bottle and her mother a glass of wine. It was currently 5pm, only 2 hours before she was supposed to be meeting Simon Minter at the local park.

"So, how're you feeling? Better?" Her mother asks, referring to the therapy session Margo had taken part in before dinner.

"Yeah," She lies. If anything she felt worse. Her therapist was useless in every sense of the word.

"Good, thats good, right Terry?" Her mother asks her father, who was simply eating.

"Yes," Terry answers, shoving the food into his mouth.

Margo sighed before loosening the tie around her neck.

"Do you always have to dress like a hooker?" Her father asked her and Margo didn't even look at him, she looked at her mother.

"Leave her alone, dear," Diana says to her husband and Terry glares at her.

"Pull your skirt down," Terry growls and Margo shuffles the skirt a little more down her legs, down to her knees.

"Thank you," Terry says, his teeth gritted.

"No, why don't we talk about school? Have you got a boyfriend yet sweetie?" Diana asks her daughter who was now quietly eating.

"No," Margo answers simply.

"Good, boys are bad news," Her father warns and Margo nods- agreeing was more easier than trying to argue.

"You can always talk to me about boy problems darling," Diana says and Margo finally rolls her eyes.

"I don't wanna do this anymore. It's stupid," Margo says, looking from her mother to her father.

"I agree," Her father says, glancing at his wife at the other end of the table.

Diana soon shuts up, eating her food.

Eventually the family, if you can call them that, finish their meals.

Diana collects the plates and immediately gets to cleaning them.

Terry stands up, straightens his shirt and then heads into his office, taking his beer with him.

Margo stays sat there. Her phone was currently up in her room, so she stands up and takes herself up to her room. She changes into some ripped black skinny jeans, a baby pink hoodie and her adidas superstars. She picks up her phone and sees a message from Simon Minter telling her to meet him at the local park.