F I V E

F I V E

     ❝ she is water                                       soft enough                                       to offer life                                       tough enough                                       to drown it away ❞                  ...

     ❝ she is water
                                       soft enough
                                       to offer life
                                       tough enough
                                       to drown it away ❞
                                       - Rupi Kaur;
                                         Milk and Honey

Simon Minter kicked the ball into the back of the net, earning cheers from the stands of the school football pitch. That was the final goal of the game. After that the team join together in the middle of the pitch and they all chat for a moment before they all head down to the locker room.

Simon changes out of his kit, having a fast shower before changing back into his uniform. He wears his tie loosely, going against the school rules, he wore trainers not school shoes, and his shirt was messily untucked from his trousers, his sleeves rolled up to his elbows. He was rich, attractive and smart- he got away with things.

He grabs his backpack and follows his friends out of the changing rooms. He was having a part tonight and he'd invited all his friends, and their friends and even people he didn't know. He hoped Margo would show up.

He looks at the stands of the football pitch, seeing Margo sitting their still, even after everyone else had left.

"I'll catch up to you," Simon says to his friends, most of them roll their eyes or just nod, watching their friend jog over to the girl who tried to kill herself.

Margo Frasier had sat alone through the whole match- Summer was busy. Margo looks up at Simon when he approaches and he smiles down at her.

"Hey Margo," He says and she gives him a small smile.

"Hey Simon," She replies and he looks round at the empty stands.

"On your own?" He asks and she nods.

"Summer was busy," She says and he sighs.

"Well, I don't know if you're up for it or whatever, but I'm having a party at mine tonight, fancy coming?" Simon asks, the hope evident in his voice, he really wanted to spend time with her.

"I'll see what I can do," She says, giving him a soft smile as she begins to stand up.

"Well, I'll see you later then," He says and she nods.

"I'll see you later, Minter," She smiles and he can't help but beam a goofy grin at her.

He turns round, jogging to catch up with his friends.