S I X

S I X

❝ i know i         should crumble                    for better reasons                             but have you seen                                                    that boy                                           he brings                  ...

❝ i know i
should crumble
for better reasons
but have you seen
that boy
he brings
the sun to
its knees
every night ❞
- Rupi Kaur;
Milk and Honey

She didn't want to be there. The school dance they had every October to celebrate Halloween was terribly annoying; or so Margo thought. She stood alone, watching everyone else dance. She didn't like it at all. She had a simple black dress on that reached to just above her knees and a pair of black peep toe heels her mother brought. 

Suddenly a hand grabs her arm.

"You scared me," Margo says, looking at the girl.

"Sorry, I'm just nervous, thank you for setting this up, Margo," She says and Margo nods.

She had twisted Simon into agreeing to get Ethan and Summer to hang out at the dance- in return, Margo had to go with Simon.

"They'll be here soon, Simon messaged me," Margo tells her and Summer smiles.

"Thank you Margo," Summer says, hugging her best friend.

After a few more minutes a group of boys wearing suits pour into the room- its them.

Summer steps aside, gazing lovingly towards Ethan. Margo's eyes fluttered up, landing on Simon who was walking between JJ and Josh. She finds her lips curving into a small smile, her head tilting slightly as she watches him walk towards her.

Eventually Ethan and Simon break off from their group, walking towards the two girls.

"Hey Margo," Simon says and Margo looks from Simon to Ethan.

"Hey Simon," Margo says and she turns a little, looking at Ethan.

"Hey Ethan, this is Summer, Summer this is Ethan," Margo says and Summer grins at Ethan.

"Hey Summer," Ethan says and Summer giggles involuntarily.

"Hey Ethan," She replies and Ethan's laugh fills the room.

"Should we go get a drink?" Ethan asks and Summer nods encouragingly.

Margo stays still, leaning against the metal. Simon smiles widely at her.

"I showed him a photo on the way and he said she was gorgeous," Simon says and Margo can't help but smile at Simon.

"So, what would you like to do?" Simon asks, gesturing to the room.

"Go outside?" Margo asks and Simon nods.

He wants to offer her his hand, but he doesn't, he's too scared to.