T H I R T E E N

T H I R T E E N

❝ i thank the universe   for taking away   everything it has taken   and giving to me   everything it is giving ❞                                              - Rupi Kaur                                                Balance

   for taking away
   everything it has taken
   and giving to me
   everything it is giving ❞
                                             - Rupi Kaur
                                                Balance

The sound of his phone ringing woke him up, he shifted uneasily as his hand escaped from under the quilt and grabbed hold of the buzzing phone as a mumble escaped the lips of the naked girl beside him. A soft smile erupted onto the boys lips as he remembered last nights antics. He pulls back the quilt and climbs out of bed, answering the phone as he does so. He heads out his room as the voice of Callum explodes into his ears.

"Where are you man? You were supposed to be at practice an hour ago?"

Simon checks the time on his phone, "Fuck,"

"Fuck indeed, coach ain't happy man, you're the captain! You're supposed to turn up!" Cal says, he was evidently angry due to the volume of his voice.

"Sorry...I kinda...Got caught up last night," Simon says, trying to keep his voice low.

"Caught up? With what? Don't tell me you went to a party without me dude," Cal says, his voice sounding even more angry, if that was even possible at this point.

"No, I was...With a girl man, now shut the fuck up, I won't be coming to training, tell coach I'm ill," Simon says and Cal laughs.

"A girl?" Cal laughs even harder, "You with a girl? You gotta learn to lie better man,"

"I'm not lying," Simon says firmly and a soft mutter comes from his bedroom, he looks over his shoulder, glancing between the gap between door and door frame.

"I gotta go," Simon says quickly, Cal's shouts can be heard as he hangs up and he replaces the phone in his pocket, pushing open his bedroom door with his other hand.

"Oh, there you are, I thought you'd left me here," Margo's morning voice fills Simon's ears and it sounds like heaven to him. He smiles at her.

"No, no way would I leave you like that, plus this is my house after all," Simon chuckles as he walks towards the bed.

Margo holds the quilt up round her chest as she pulls her hair up in a bun.

"Last night was..."

"Don't tell me, I was absolute shit," Simon laughs and Margo rolls her eyes.