Chapter 17

By the time Friday rolled around I was pretty much done with the file room.

Literally and figuratively.

Marko and Violet threw a mini office party to commend my unmatched newbie efforts, which I thoroughly enjoyed, where I got to meet more of the employees at Vega & Associates.

I was beginning to think that being happy-go-lucky was a requirement for any position here because just about every person I talked to had Violet's obnoxiously cheerful mentality.

By the time I got home I was completely and utterly drained of all energy. I didn't want to move off of my couch. Ever.

Later that evening while I was still laying on my couch, now watching Impractical Jokesters, someone knocked on my door. I groaned and reluctantly got up, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes as I shuffled over to the door and opened it.

Of course it was Jonathan - I should've known.

"Hey." I mumbled groggily, forcing a lazy smile.

"I'm sorry, were you sleeping?" He asked concernedly, pulling me into his arms.

"Nah, just lounging around." I replied and stifled a yawn as Jonathan walked us inside and locked the door behind us. "Wanna cuddle?" I asked absentmindedly and nearly cursed aloud when Jonathan looked down at me with a raised brow.

"Sure." He replied, a small smile brightening his eyes. "Let's get you upstairs, hm?"

I nodded in compliance against his chest as he lifted me up bridal style and carried me up the steps and into my bedroom.

Once Jonathan laid me down on my bed, I closed my eyes and kicked off my slippers before he helped me unbutton and remove my suit jacket and pencil skirt.

"Comfortable?" He chuckled as I heard him walk over to the other side of the bed and take off his suit jacket too.

"Very." I replied with a smile and stifled another yawn.

"Before you fall asleep I have to tell you something." Jonathan suddenly said as he crawled into bed next to me.

"Hm?" I hummed and scooted back towards Jonathan's warmth as he wrapped the covers around us.

I slowly turned my body to face Jonathan who chuckled at my laziness before pulling me into his arms.

"I'm going out of town for the weekend on a business trip." Jonathan said and reached up to caress my cheek when I didn't reply. "Michelle?"

"Hm?" I murmured again and forced my eyes to open so I could look up at Jonathan.

He smiled down at me as my eyelids suddenly felt heavy and started to drift closed again.

I was fading...fast.

"Did you hear me?" Jonathan asked as he pushed me onto my back gently and kissed my neck.

"Yes." I half moaned, my body suddenly coming alive at the simple feeling of Jonathan's lips on my sensitive skin.

"What did I just say?" He asked as he kissed the other side of my neck.

"Business trip..." I began as my breathing hitched. "...this weekend."

"Mhmm." Jonathan mumbled against my jaw as he steadily kissed his way up my chin. "Is that it?" He asked and suddenly stopped kissing me, my hormones screaming in protest.

"Yes." I groaned, my eyes fluttering open.

"Are you sure?" Jonathan questioned and rose a brow as he nipped at my bottom lip teasingly.