one

'great, another fantastic day of school. can't wait to get pushed around by Simon Minter, and have my lunch money stolen.' i muttered sarcastically to my friend, Ivory, who had just shown up at my door. i finished tying my other braid, and then left my house. i closed and locked it behind me, and we began the fifteen-minute walk to school.

she was dressed in uniform, a white button down with our school's logo, tucked into a maroon tennis skirt. a maroon tie hung around her neck, and her arms were covered in a maroon blazer, also embroidered with the school logo. the ensemble was completed, with some black dress shoes and white knee high socks.

her makeup was done perfectly, but naturally enough so that she won't get scolded by the headmaster. light coating of foundation and concealer, some mascara, eyeliner and some lip gloss. her brown hair was tied back into a swinging ponytail, and no strands of hair out of place.

she was gorgeous, to say the least. one of the most stunning people i have ever met, inside and out. every girl wants to be her, and every guy wants to be with her. but unlucky for those fellas, she's already got someone.

'love, i am so sorry that you have to deal with him everyday. i don't get why he can't just back off. you're a lovely person, how could he not see that?' she finished her response with a rhetorical question, but it still left me clueless.

i mean, i'm not a terrible person. heck, i'm not even a bad person. as arrogant as it may sound, i would consider myself a good person, but even so, i've never done anything bad to simon.

i was lost in thought, until i was brought back by Ivory snapping her fingers in front of my face. we'd reached her boyfriend, Ethan's house.

he's a kind young boy, and he cares for Ivory very deeply, and i like him for that. he's also nice to me, which is an added bonus.

'Ivory! Luna! how are you?' he came bounding out his house after he saw us through the window. 'stunning as always.' he complimented his girlfriend, and she blushed and giggled.

we continued our way to school, we had only about ten minutes left to get there, but we had to take a detour to pick up Mei.

once we reached her house, i went though her front pocket fence to knock on her door. just as i was about to knock, it opened. i looked up to see Mei, clad in the uniform just as we were, but her hair was natural; black and straight.

like the cute ball of happiness she is, she came skipping out of her house, to join us for the remaining eight minute walk.

:recess:

being dragged to the bathrooms isn't fun. especially when it's by an angry friend who is going to have a go at you for your low self esteem issues.

'Hadraniel!' Ivory was the only one who called me by that name. she was the only one who knew about it outside of my family. everybody just knew me as Luna. lucky there was nobody else in the bathroom to hear.

'how could you say that about yourself? you are gorgeous! you don't need a man, or a woman for that matter to make you feel like you are! just look in the mirror!'

i stepped in front of the mirror, doing as she told me. looking back at me, were my large green eyes, partly hidden behind my black rimmed glasses. freckles hid behind my rims too, but around that were messy baby hairs that came out of my twin braids. for someone with straight, silver ombré hair, it sure got messy easily.

'look at you! you're absolutely beautiful, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. especially Minter.' she reassured me.

this is why i love Ivory, but it's also what angers me. she's so encouraging, and i love that, but she refuses to believe that she's the prettiest girl in our year level, and nobody will deny that.