Chapter 21: Smiles

Jaemin's POV. After walking out of the cafeteria.

I walked up the stairs and to the rooftop, no I'm not gonna commit suicide, I'm just going up to think about what I just did, was it a right decision to do that? Protecting Taehyung like that? And making everyone think that I like him?

"Park Jaemin... Sometimes I don't understand what you're doing." I said to myself while facing the sky.

"I don't understand what you're doing too." A voice scared me. The voice belongs to Hobi who put on a frown on his face.

"Hobi--I mean, what do you want Hoseok?" I almost exposed my cover.

"I want... You to smile and be happy again. Jaemin, I don't know what happened to you but I'm pretty sure it's because of the Taehyung and Rin incident." Hoseok slowly walked to me.

"No matter what, remember this--" he grabbed both of my shoulders and turned me to face him. I looked up and we made eye contact.

"Hobi is always here for you." My heart was pumping so hard when he said that and I swear I could hear my stomach tumbling, or was it because I'm hungry?

I smiled lightly at him and nodded my head. "Well, I won't ask you to stop what you're doing but I will just--" Hoseok started buttoning up my blouse and tied a jacket over my waist. He smiled and said, "Much better." He ruffled my hair and without waiting for my reply, he went down. My face started to heat up.

I just stared into space, "What the fuck just happened? And why is my heart pumping so fast?" I asked myself.

Time skip. Jaemin's POV.

I couldn't concentrate during class, my mind was filled with Hobi and Taehyung. Did I fall for them? Or do I just like them as friends? Fk feelings. I sighed out loud and Yeongju turned to me, "Yah, you okay?" He asked. I nodded my head and attempt to concentrate in class again. I couldn't help but to notice a pair of eyes that was staring at me, and that pair of eyes belongs to Jm.

Yeongju's a smart guy so as I've said before, he naturally is able to connect the dots. He knows why I'm like this and he understands me. I tried to be a little warmer to him because I can't lose my first friend in this academy right?

"By the way Jaemin, Jimin said that he wanted to speak to you after school... at the hideout." I nodded at him and hummed in response.

Time skip. After school (I'm so sorry for so many time skips)

I slowly walked to the classrooms which lead to many memories... the first time I met Jin and Namjoon... the first time I became so called "friends" with them. The first time V took me here... I sighed as I remember all the details we did here.

"Jaemin." I whipped my head and saw him, Jimin. I smiled lightly at him and said a small 'hi'.

"So... Why did you want to meet me?" I asked as I sat casually on a table. Jimin stared at my legs and gulped before looking away.

"Um... I want to explain to you some stuff... About Taehyung and Rin... That day..." Jimin plopped himself down on the table beside me and began explaining to me.

"Rin threatened Taehyung, she said if he doesn't act as if he's having sex with her, her gang will hurt you. And of course, Taehyung will do ANYTHING to protect you..." I nodded my head as I tried to piece all the puzzles together.

"So that's why y'all keep saying he has reasons and that he doesn't really like her..." I laughed lightly.

"Yep... but Rin suddenly came up with a relationship thingy between Taehyung and yep, that's how it happened... Taehyung got drunk for you that day too... he was so sad and mad at himself that he kept drinking. He was honestly so happy when you went out with him with Suga you know. But when you suddenly change, he doesn't know what to do. He knows partially is his fault but he doesn't know how to make you forgive him."

"Why are you telling me all this Jimin?" I stared blankly into his eyes.

"Because... I want you to be happy with him... I want you to have a happy ending with him..." he looked down as he starts to swing his legs back and forth.

"And why do you want me to end up with him?"

"Because one is my best friend and another one is my sister." He blurted out before he covers his mouth with his hand. "O-Oh my god. I did not just said that."

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this new chapter! Remember, all of this happened before they acknowledge each other okay? I've changed the storyline lol😂 and it seems like Jimin is trying to pair Taehyung and Jaemin together hmm... does he not like Jaemin? Hmm...

Anyways, can we get this chapter to at least 30 votes? That would be awesome! 😁
-J