Chapter 3

For hours,  I sat in my cell bored out of my mind, before Jake stopped by. He kneeled down infront of my cell, "In four nights...you're going to be dead". I raised my brows and stared at him, and why are you telling me this? Jake looked around then whispered "I don't believe in any of this crap. New World Order is bullshit."

"Good to know we're on the same page" I mumbled remained in the back of the cell. He bit his lip, "If you trust me, I can get you out of this hellhole."

   I crawled close to the bars "Oh yea? Then how would we do it?" He leaned into the bars "You have outside people, I have inside people." I blinked slowly "Your friends have killed everyone I know." He grinned "But if survivors hear that you've been caught, they'll fight for you."

   "Nobody cares about me" I mumbled. Jake scoffed "You're the strongest hope for them, everybody knows you." Maybe he was right, I have been the only person to be a threat to NWO. "What about your inside people"

    "There are others like me, people that dont think this is right. There aren't many but there are enough." If our people joined up, would we be able to take over Austin? First of all how would we even get them to join sides? "How would we get the news out to only the survivors?" I questioned. A sly smile came upon his face, "Jake!" Jakes head spun around to reveal Gold smoking a cigar. Jake jumped to his feet and I did too "We'll talk later" then he jogged off. I sighed and watched Gold puff smoke out, he gazed at me with his lifeless blue eyes. A man stopped by with my lunch,  I licked the plate clean, then I sat in my cell and had guards gives looks at me all day. A few hours  later Jake came back just like he said.

  He kneeled and looked around cautiously " I dont have a lot of time". I immediately shot back "Why are you risking your life for me?" He stared at me then looked at the ground,  "You dont deserve to die like this." My cheeks got hot and I looked away. "My friend Alec met up with a group of survivors so we can start with them to spread the word." I nodded "Even if we do take over Austin, what then?".

  "Our army will get bigger" His smile gleamed and revealed dimples on either side of his mouth. I couldn't help but smile too, he tapped the bars "I'll be back again tomorrow". Then his lean figure walked out of sight. The day passed slowly and all I could think about was the sacrifice. My head swarmed with questions causing me a headache. I had dinner and fell asleep on a full stomach which has never happened before. Even though I slept on a cold stone floor, I slept like a baby.

  I woke up with my breakfast already waiting for me, I reached over and grabbed an orange and started peeling. I finished more slowly this time,  I was still full but not as much. My brain was wandering around my memories, it went back to my oldest one. The one person that raised me was my dads friend, Brian, my mom was already dead and my dad was dying so he handed me over to him. He treated me like his daughter, he taught me to fend for myself and he died protecting me. When I was ten, I wandered out of house in a small city, where we were hiding. I thought I could find food for us but I ran into a group of scouts. I started running from them and lucky me they had bad aim. They chased me into an alley and I hid behind a dumpster, somehow Brian found me and killed all of but one scout that stayed back a few hundred yards. He sniped Brian and I watched him die, I got so angry I hunted the sniper down and killed him with the dagger I carry around. I bet Gold has my bows and the multitude of other weapons I carried around. I exhaled aggressively and walked over to the bars on my door and looked out.

  Two guards stood staring at me, one smiled and said something to the other and they both laughed. I gave them the finger and they looked at eachother, they turned then walked to me. I rolled my eyes and took a step back from the bars as they approached. "Who knew Shadow could be so...hot" One of the men said as he licked his lips.  I thought about going off on them, then I had another idea. "Mmm...why dont you come closer and see how hot I can really get" I put my body on the bars and lured the guard to come closer.

  I put my hands on his chest and traced over his clothes seductively, then I yanked his neck and his face slammed into the bars. His body fell to the ground and the other guard yelled something and threw his gun up at me. I winked at the guard then sat at the back of my cell. I watched other guards grab the limp body with a bloody face, and drag him away. Everyone that passed my cell gave me awful looks, and I smiled at everyone of them cause I knew sommething they didn't.

I was going to get out of here and not be a par of their bullshit sacrifice.