4 |

Am I sleeping? Have I slept at all ? This is Insomnia- Fight Club

The monster awaits.

He didn't say anything for a few moments. The silence being deafening.

Well, fuck me with a banjo.

As if it couldn't get more awkward than that Rose and Jay suddenly decided that now was the time to leave. Not to mention that I was now hidden behind a cranny in the library with the one and only infamous Benjamin Reeds. I was still yet to see his face, seeing as he was still stood behind me, most likely expecting for me to turn towards him rather than vice versa.

" Cordelia ? " He said softly.

Oh my fucking daise. He knows my real name. That's not possible. Rose and Jay don't even know my name.

He then did the one thing in the world that managed to scare me more than anything else in the world apart from him magically knowing the name that even my parents don't refer to me as. He stepped in front of me before crouching down and placing his hands on my cheeks. The warmth from his hands spread all over me as did the tingles that began from the tips of his fingers to my cheeks. His smile being as wide as ever. The glint in his eyes then seemingly turned almost mischievous as he spoke again.

" Why'd you ring Insomnia Cuddles ?" He whispered.

How did- How did he know ? Fuck. This is what he's going to use against me.

I've been in every class of Benjamin's since we started school. And it's because of this that I knew a lot about him. Especially the part where he'd threaten the other kids in class to do his bidding just because he knew something abut them that they couldn't bare to get out in public. In 8th grade, Rocky Andrew began dating Pricilla Stillwaters, half way through their relationship, Benjamin had began to threaten him as he usually did but the only difference being this time that Rocky's secret was outed because he refused to do the simple task of kissing Benjamin's shoe after spilling soda all over it. Rocky was cheating on Pricilla with her best friend.

The rules were simple, do whatever he tells you or else be publicly shamed by whatever dark  secret you kept under wraps. And now, it was my turn.

Unable to stare at his hazel coloured eyes for any longer, I closed my eyes as tight as I could. But even that didn't stop my breathing to come out shaky.

" Cordelia? You can close your eyes as tight as you want, I'm still here. I'm not leaving you"

I widened my eyes , the light rearing me blind for a few moments before I saw a tall figure leaning away from me to lean against the book shelf behind him. At the sight of my eyes opening, he once again leaned forward close enough to touch the tip of his nose against mine.

He repeated the question.

" I don't know what you're talking about." I spoke surprised at the amount of coldness that radiated from it. It may had something to do with the fact he called me Cordelia even though he knew everyone called me Riley.He leaned back away from me. Giving me a confused look, then rolling his eyes at me . Taking his phone out he began to tap it's screen for a minute or so before playing a voice recording.

"Hello"
" Yes."
" Umm... "
" What do you want ?"
"I don't know. I've never done this before "
"Oh for the love of God "

With the sight of my appealed face, he visibly brightened before speaking.

" I knew it was you, Cordelia " He sighed. Tearing his eyes away from me, he seemed to be contemplation saying something before deciding to change the topic.

" Never mind that. We'll deal with it later. Seeing as you usually drone out the second I come late to class, I'm sure you want to know what Edwards was talking about. He wants for you to be my official Critique Buddy " He finished.

Every year, every student in school would be partnered with another student to help them with an issue they had. It could be failing a subject, not having enough confidence, being bullied or in Benjamin's case, coming late to class every week.The two students would have to meet almost every day and email the evidence in progress to the headmaster.

" Seeing as you're mine, it's obvious I'm yours. I'll be seeing you in 4 days "

What? Why? What's happening in 4 days...Insom-- No, no, no. He can't be. This can't be possible. It makes sense. The BR on the back of the card. Reasons why he had that recording. Fuck. Fuck. Fuckity fuck fuck.

I am Benjamin Reeds Critique Buddy. And he's mine.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

-Void.