Chapter 12

"E-Erik!" I say with heavy breathing. He drops his lasso and puts his hands on my cheeks. "Are you alright? I saw those bastards trying to possibly hurt you! What are you doing here late at night?!" My breathing turned normal and I fixed the basket. "I was getting this." I hold it up to him. "For you." I could have sworn I heard a gasp.

"Elise I don't deserve this. I don't deserve you..." 'Hehe. I got happy shivers.' I smile and sigh. "Erik don't say that. I just wanted to do something nice for you, for everything you have given me." Erik looks down. "Erik has done nothing worth appreciation." 'I need to rid that habit of talking in third person.' "Yes you have now here." I shove the basket in his hands. "This is for you and don't deny it. Alright?" He nods and takes me to the Prima Donna dressing room. I was about to step in the mirror but heard a soft voice calling my name. "Elise?" I turn to Erik. "Yes?" He sighs and waves his hand. "Never mind. Goodnight mon ange." I smiled at him calling me "Angel". "Goodnight." I step in and close it. 'Oh Jesus. That was very eventful...' I slump against the mirror and hug my knees. "I can't deal with this anymore. I love Erik, Pierre wants to propose, Scarlett is busy, and Im a maid! I dont even consider myself a Prima Donna! Carlotta is still pissed and always will be. If I have to do anything like what Christine did in the movie and/or the musical, I'm going to die." I quietly say to myself. "The masquerade is when things get out of hand and very serious." I bury my face in my knees and whimper. "Please... I can't break his heart... Not now, not ever..."

That night I got no sleep. Ayesha fell asleep in my bag, and I wanted to wake her up but I felt that would be rude. Morning comes, and I'm in front of the mirror. Waiting. Waiting for Pierre to come in and say "Good morning my love!" Or for Scarlett to say "Morning Elise." 'Its still early.' I thought. 'I need some air.' I put on my cloak and riding boots, then hurry to the stables. I find a beautiful white and grey speckles horse with a saddle and hop on. "The woods it is." I nudge the horse, and start going into the woods. My nose fills with the scent of brisk morning air and pine. 'This is what I needed.' I make the horse start to run. Running through the leaves. Jumping over logs and fallen trees, it felt amazing. Getting away from everything. After a few hours, I pull the reins and instruct her to trot back to the Opera House. This takes a good 30 minutes and a man is in the stables. "Good morning Mademoiselle Elise." I smile and bow my head. "I hope you don't mind I took this beauty out for a run. Shes a beautiful mare." I hop off her and put her back in the stable. "Indeed she is." He brushes her mane and I leave to go back in the Opera House. Its busy as always. I say hello to a few people, and head to my dressing room where Alice is inside pacing. "Uh... Alice?" She stops pacing and looks at me. "Oh Elise good!" She pulls me into the room and sits me down. "Dear, I know you have been visiting the Phantom." I gasp and my heart drops.

"No no no! Its alright I won't tell anyone." She flashes a friendly smile and continues. "As you know, Pierre and I are good friends. He wants to propose to you, but the Phantom will do anything to keep YOU to himself." 'She sounds like Madame Giry.' I nod and play with my hair while listening. "Scarlett has told me that she said you love a man in the South of France. Thats good but it won't stop Pierre. I suggest, you tell Pierre you have a companion already and then that might stop him from proposing. You're a very beautiful girl Elise. Thats what kills him." I noticed she has a slight Scottish accent and I sigh. "Alice why are you telling me this?" She chuckles. "Because I know you love him dear. I don't want you to get hurt." I smile and hug her. "Thank you." She pats my back. "No problem." She pulls back and holds my shoulders. "I am needed in the kitchen. I shall see you in the evening." I smile and she walks out. I sit down and Ayesha comes out of hiding. "Oh Ayesha. Things are happening so fast... I don't understand." I put my head in my hands. "I miss my family. My sister, my mom, my dog." Ayesha meows as if to say "wait a dog?" I pet her and chuckle. "Its okay girly." I hear a knock on the mirror and I quickly open it. A dark tall figure is standing a few yards away. A swish of his caps and he's gone. I look around to see if he le- Oh my God. I look down to see a wide small box. "Wha....?" I pick it up and close the mirror. "What the hell is this?" I sit down and pry open the box. Inside, lays a black necklace with a dark purple pendant outlined with beautiful silver patterns, and a black rose on the inside. I gasp and stare at it. 'Oh my God. Why would he get this for me?' I lift it up, and I see a note. It reads,

Elise. I made this for you in return of your everlasting kindness and care for my wellbeing. I truly don't understand why you showered me with these gifts, but I greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

O.G

I giggle. "O.G? Really Erik?" I sigh and put of the necklace. I flip my long red hair and look in the mirror. "It looks nice on you Elise." I say to myself. Carefully, I put the necklace back in the box, and pet Ayesha. "I can't wait for the masquerade. The only problem is... Whats Erik going to do this time?" I sigh and she meows. "You should go back to Erik. Im sure he misses you." I pick her up, open the mirror, and place her down. "Go. Be nice to him ok?" She licks my hand and hurries off. "Hm. Cute."