Chapter 21

I can't. I can't do it. Tonight's the night. The night where I will take off his mask and kiss him. Also when Pierre realizes I hate his ass.

Alice carefully puts some weird liquid on my injured arm as I look away. "Ah it hurts!" 'Wuss.' Shut up! "I know I know. But if you leave it like this it will get infected. Then you can't perform!" 'That sounds better!' "Well maybe I just won't perform then!" She gasps. "But you have to!" Her accent kicked in. "No one else is going to play it, and you're the best person for it!" I sigh and put my head in my hands. "I don't want to! Everything is going to turn to shit, once Im on the catwalk. And its not going to be with Piangi thats for sure!" A surge of anger and sadness overcame me. Tears began to roll down my face. "Elise..-" Alice began to say but I cut her off. "Im sorry I have to go.." And with that, I hauled open the mirror and slipped inside. I wiped my eyes and and walked down the path. My heels clicked when I walked and I grab an already lit candle. "I can't do this..." I walk down the winding staircase and walk faster to see Cesar. I pet him and he softly neighs. "Hi sweetheart..." I search myself for any sort of food. I sigh and smile at him. "Sorry I don't have any thing." He nudges me for him to keep petting him. I chuckle and hug his neck. A hand is placed on my shoulder. I jump back and hold onto Cesar. 'Erik!' He looks surprised. "I didn't mean to scare you. I ap-" He notices that I'm crying and my face is red. "Elise what's wrong? Did something happen?! Who did this?" Erik puts his hands on my shoulders and wipes away my tears. 'Should I be scared of him? He's going to kill so many people and he's going to hurt me...' I sink to the ground absolutely sobbing. I put my head in my hands and Erik kneels down to me. "Oh no..." He doesn't know what to do at first but then he hugs me. I wrap my arms around his waist and sob into his chest. "Erik don't do it!" He pulls back and looks down at me. "Don't do what?" My eyes widen and I pause. 'I can't say it.' I stand up and hold onto Cesar, looking down at the concrete. He REALLY wants to know now. "What do you not want me to do? Say it and I won't do it! I'll do anything for you!" My eyes meet his. "Don't...." 'You have to lie... He'll be freaked out if you tell him the truth, and it was going to happen anyway...' "Don't hurt Pierre... I know you hate him but please don't... I'm performing your opera tonight and he's going to watch... And I know you will too..." He sighs and runs his hands through his hair, then fixes his mask. "I'll try... And I will watch you. I will." 'He'll be closer than just watching Elise.' I groan and whisper. "Shut up!" I smack my head and Erik looks at me like I'm absolutely insane. "Excuse me?" 'You're dumb.' "Oh no no no! Not you! Im sorry!" He slicks back his hair again. "Ha its alright." I give Cesar one more pat and start to walk to his lair. "If you don't mind, I need to check something. Only for a moment! Thank you!" I smile and walk faster to his lair, on the side path. I jump over the gaps, and hurry to the parlor. His organ has papers neatly organized that read: "Don Juan Triumphant" 'ITS HIS OPERA! READ IT!' I scan through the papers and find a plan sheet. Erik's plan is to kill Piangi and swoon the shit out of me. 'Sounds good but still!' I groan and whimper. "Tonight is going to be the WORST night of my life!" I say and Erik is behind me rowing in the gondola. "Why is that dear?" 'FUCK.' "Oh well um.... It stresses me out. A lot. But Im sure it'll be fine." I put back his papers and hide the plan sheet. "I must be going..." He steps out and I give him a quick kiss on the cheek, as I swiftly remove his mask for a second. "I'll see you later tonight." I smile and hurry back. He touches his unmasked cheek in surprise. "She kissed me..." I chuckle at his response. "I'll be kissing you again my love.." I whisper quietly, as I walk up the stairs and see Alice petting Ayesha in my room. I open the mirror, and she is startled for a moment but then realizes its me. "Oh you're back! Are you okay?" I sigh and nod. "Yea Im fine. Just nervous. Sorry about earlier." She smiles. "It's alright. It happens." I smile and give her a hug. "Thank you."

A/N: Short chapter sorry!!! The next chapter will be Hannibal, then the Final Lair, then... The end! Im already writing the sequel and its pretty fun to write. I hope you enjoyed this chapter peeps! :D