XVII

A shudder of shock runs through my spine.

Jeanette's father is the person who admitted me here.

I thought my visions existed only within me. Within my mind's introverted walls of virtual reality. Something that I created to escape the reality.

I confirm that it is him who admitted me here.

I slowly walk up to him. He shifts his attention to me and raises his brow.

"Are you alright?" He asks casually as if I never fell into a temporary coma.

"Yeah." I ask still not recovered from the shock.

"Does the name Jeanette ring any bells ?" I ask reflecting his casual tone.

"Not exactly. I don't know anyone as such with a name like that but it does sound very familiar." He says with his eyes drifting off in confusion.

"Do you have any idea where my bike is ?" I ask remembering the accident.

Careless me. I was too absorbed thinking about my rank and scholarship. This is where it led me to. Admitted in a hospital by a man in my visions.

"Yeah. Your bike was thrashed by the car. I figured it would be useless as junk to bring it up here, so I left it in the junkyard. I thought I'll give you a ride home." He says.

"Sure, thanks."

I get onto his car.

My cautious mind starts to sing stranger danger.

"This is my house." I say.

"Great. I'll meet your parents and -" I cut him off.

"I live alone. It's no big deal. Anyways thanks for the ride." I say and start walking towards the door.

What the hell is happening?

Is this man an illusion of my mind or an illusion of the materialistic world?

Or does he exist on both realms ?