XXX

I hesitantly switch the laptop on.

"It's time." Justin whispers.

"I'm Jeanette Xavier. Fifteen years old. I was in a rare case of comatose for a brief period of two years."

I pause. I don't want to be reminded of Zoey. I don't want to be reminded that Zoey is nothing but a projection of my mind.

"The department of psychology funded for my treatment because, during the coma I lead a life similar to that of the reality."

"My name was Zoey. Zoey Winscom. I was the daughter of Winscom Williams. The founder of the W enterprises. I lived in Australia. I went to Evergreen High school. I was an eighth grader. Introvert. Funded Justin Kierra of my coma to enter premature college."

"I existed in this space that fascinated the psychologists of today. I existed in a space that I referred to as the third dimension. At first, I thought it was impossible to control my consciousness during the third dimension but gradually I was able to comprehend the happenings of the third dimension. It was the medium that connected me to reality. I used to get these visions of the accident during this period."

"Now that I'm told this is reality, my mind still wanders for answers. For proof. If something that seemed so close to reality was a mere projection of my mind, what is the proof that this is my reality ? How can I believe in this to be the unidimensional space of my existence ? I'll never believe. If death awoke me from an illusion to reality....

Is this real ?"

This monologue is no more addressing the millions of people watching me talk. This is a question I have to ask to myself.

Is this real ?