XIX

Jeanette's father of escorts me to my room.

"Thanks a lot. Can I know your name?" I ask.

"I'm Xavier. You can call me Josh." He says casually and turns to leave.

I fall onto the bed as my tiredness compelled me to do so.

As I scan the room, I realise that the room looked like a guy's.

Navy blue wallpaper with football posters and anime shounen designs ruled the walls.

The room was highly unorganised.

As I kept analysing the room's nature, I failed to notice that a girl of my age had walked in.

"Hey!" I say.

"Hey." She says back reflecting my artificial enthusiasm.

"This room belongs to your brother?" I ask remembering the fact that Josh had told me he had a son.

"No. It belongs to me." She says clearly annoyed at my stereotypical question.

"Your dad said that he has a daughter - Jeanette and a son?" I ask expectantly.

"My dad refers to me as a guy. So he introduces me as his son. He doesn't understand the liberty of interests. Just like the society he puts a label on a set of interests and forces it onto genders." She says with anger and annoyance clear in her voice.

"So, do you mind telling me your name?" I ask changing the heated topic.

"Tatsuki." She says.

"Isn't that an Asian name?"

"Yeah. Jeanette and I are adopted. I was sent to an adoption home after I was rescued from the Japan earthquake. Then Josh and Mel saw me and took a liking to rebellious nature." She says casually.

"What about Jeanette ? What's behind her adoption?" I ask curiously.

"Josh is Jeanette's biological father. However after an accident, Jeanette's mom left to the hills as a distraction from Jeanette's assumed loss. She never returned. Josh married Mel and adopted Jeanette. Jeanette doesn't know all this because she lost her memory right after the accident." She says with her voice as low as a whisper.

"Oh." I say.

I had already doused myself in the processing of the information.

But why do I have a vision of Jeanette's death ?

Am I related to this family of mystery in anyway ?