{1}

|Jo McGuire's POV|

"Green green green" Aaron says, and I speed up, crossing the line as first place. I just passed Carl for the lead on the first lap.

I have never won a restricter plate race before, and it would be amazing to get one in the 48.

*50 to go

"2 coming up on your quarter." "10-4" I say and take the air away from him and he lines up behind me in third.

I am running second, to Martin Truex jr. I feel a shove and hear "Brad just bumped you Jo, he thinks he has the faster car."

"Well he is wrong" I say and am next to Truex. "You're on his door, door, door, damn it." Aaron says as I start smoking.

"What's the water temperature?" Chad asks. "35 above the good temp." "Shit you are over heated. Pull onto pit road. Garage it." Chad says and I sigh loudly.

When I get down pit road, Chad motions for me to get out of the car. "Engine is done. You are done for the day." Chad says closing his binder.

"Damn it Chad. I am so sorry." I say, taking my gloves off. "It's okay. Things like this happen. We have next week to kick some ass. Great job on what you a accomplished today, Jo. I'm proud of you." Chad says patting my shoulder.

"Thanks Chad. I tried my hardest." He nods and I walk out of the garage and head back to the RV lot.

I decide to go to Brad's, and grab the stuff I have from there and take them to my motor home.

When I walk in, I see a mess of beer cans. I stand in the doorway, my eyes tearing up from being so disappointed, and so hurt.

I walk through it and go to the closet. I open it, and I grab all my clothes.

I decide on writing Brad a note.

Brad,
Until we get this figured out, I am done with our relationship. Until you decide to tell me why the hell you are doing this to yourself, don't talk to me. The things you say to me are very hurtful, and I don't want to hear them out of your mouth. You are better than the alcohol Brad.

-Jo

I lay my promise ring on top of the note, and head over to my motor home.

When I go in, it actually hits me.

I'm not with the love of my life anymore because he can't stand me. He doesn't want to be with me anymore.

That's all that plays in my mind, over and over.

I change my clothes and lay on the couch and turn the race on.

I grit my teeth when I see that Kyle Busch won. He won the Daytona 500 I wanted to win.

I turn the tv off and lay there, staring at the ceiling. I can't believe my life can just change like this.

I am drowning myself in my thoughts when there is a knock on the door.

"Who is it?" I yell. "Katie!" "Come in." I say and she comes in and shuts the door behind her.

"Are you okay?" She asks pulling my legs onto her lap. "No." I say with tears forming. "What did he do this time?" "Before the race he told me I have 48 hours to get my stuff out of the house." I say, this time, tears are escaping my eyes.

"That piece of shit. He isn't gettin away with this." Katie says standing up, and charging out of the motor home.

|Brad Keselowski's POV|

I walk over to the island and see a note with Jo's promise ring on top. After I read the note, I crush it up and throw it away.

Fine. She wants to end it, then that's her fault.

I walk over to the fridge and pull out my last beer. Shit. I'm going to have to get some more.

I open it up and take a big swig, then I sit down at the table and take in my surroundings.

I close my eyes, and the front door flies open, and someone is charging towards me.

"Brad you fucking piece of shit! How dare you do this to my best friend! She is the best thing to ever happen to you! You gave her up so fast, and you don't even care!" Katie yells.

"You don't know about us at all! You have only known us for 4 days!" I yell back at her. "Don't you yell at me!" Katie screams.

"Then don't talk about shit you don't know about!" I yell back. "Brad, I don't know what is going on with you, but you need a fucking reality check." She says and walks out of my motor home.

|Jo McGuire's POV|

Katie just finishes telling me what happened when she was over there, and it causes me to cry.

"He doesn't even care that I'm gone." I say quietly. "I don't get what made him do this all of a sudden." Katie sighs.

"It was a waist of a year. It was a waist of time and energy." I say quietly. "Jo, everything will work out. I just don't understand him."

"Me either. I didn't do one thing to him to cause him to hate me this bad." "I know you didn't. He just chose to be the dumb ass."

"Katie, he was the love of my life. I don't want to accept that he is gone." I cry and Katie wraps her arms around me.

"I'm so sorry Jo." She says. "I know you are. This isn't your fault. It's mine." "Jo! Don't ever say that!" Katie says, raising her voice.

"Obviously it is. Why else would he do this?" "It's not you Jo." "Okay."

I hear a knock, and see Bubba's head come around the doorframe.

"Can I come in?" He asks. "Yeah." I say sadly. "I have to go back to Chase's because our plane leaves in 30 minutes. If you need anything Jo, anything at all, don't hesitate to ask." Katie says.

"I won't. Thank you So much." I smile and Katie nods then leaves.

"How you holding up kiddo?" Bubba asks sitting next to me. "Not well. I feel like shit. My life is falling apart." I say running my hands through my hair.

"I know the feeling. I have had my fair share of ups and downs." Bubba says.

"I know. It just really sucks. I didn't think this was going to happen. So soon." I sigh. "Jo no one expected it."

"Do you know why Brad is drinking like this?" I ask, and he shakes his head no.

"Ryan and Joey know something, I know they do." I add. "We will find out, Captain Sneaky at your service." Bubba smirks and I smile at him deviously.

AND THE FUN STARTS! thank you guys for starting to read the next phase in the Rivalry trilogy. make sure to comment, vote, share, and read!

If any one of you have suggestions or ideas, feel free to message me!

:D