{17}

{17}

CHASE's POV continued

I pull into O'Kings and see Ryan pulling in at the same time.

I'm glad someone wants to help me.

She doesn't sound like she wants to leave, I know this won't be easy.

"Hey man." Ryan sighs getting out of his truck. "Hey." I say rubbing the back of my neck.

"This isn't gonna be fun." Ryan says. "No it ain't. But I called you because I thought you would know what to do since you have known her longer than I have."

"I bet she is in there playing pool. Guys beside her trying to get her." Ryan says. "Hell no." I say and walk faster inside with Ryan trailing behind me.

I look over and find the pool table. A tipsy blonde dominating the game.

"I bet your sweet ass will get this one." A man says and rubs Katie's back.

Nope. Not today son.

"Do that again and I swear to God I will punch you." I growl and push the guy away from Katie.

"Chase!" Katie gasps. "Who are you? Her boyfriend?" The guy scoffs.

"Yes, I am. Touch her again and I swear-" "Chase, calm down." Ryan says and pulls me away.

"You're think you're tough because you think you look like Chase Elliott?" Another guy scoffs.

"For your information, I am Chase Elliott." I grimace. The guy shuts up and I turn my attention back to Katie.

"Katie, we need to get home." I say and grab her hand. "No! I won't go back there till you get your bitch sister to apologize! I was just trying to look out for her like a best friend would! You have to admit she is moving too fast!"

"Katie, please don't call her a bitch. She is my sister, please respect that. I think it would be best for you two to settle it together." I suggest.

"Chase, I don't want to talk to her." "Katie! Don't be so stubborn! Let's please go back!" I say and she rips her hand out of mine.

"No." she says and downs a beer.

I look at Ryan for help and he nods.

"Katie. I think it would be best if we all went back to talk this through." Ryan says in a calming voice.

"Only if you will be there too." Katie says. "Okay, I will be. Let's get out of here." Ryan smiles and she gets up out of the chair.

We all go outside and she decides to ride with Ryan.

It was a long ride home, and a quiet one at that.

Compared to the explosive day we are about to have.

JO's POV

"We will be back tomorrow. Bye sweetie. Love you!" Mom smiles and leaves with dad.

I sigh and sink down in the couch.

I have a sick feeling and I don't know why.

A few minutes into watching House Hunters, the front door flies open.

"Fuck you Jo! Fuck you!" Katie yells lunging towards me, Ryan holding her back.

I jump up and hold my hands out.

"My God! What's happening?!" I yell. "I wouldn't ever call you a whore, and you go out and call me a bitch! Don't ever twist my words again McGuire! Or should I say Elliott?" Katie spats.