{9}

"You did great in practice babe!" I smile and hug Brad. "So did you! Great job on 3rd!" He says and messes my hair up.

"That was not needed, Mr holding the first spot in practice." I glare. He sends me a big smile and I roll my eyes, as I tie my firesuit around my waist because it is so hot here.

Well, we are in the desert of Las Vegas.

"Hey I'm going to go swing by the garage real fast." Brad says and kisses my forehead, leaving me to walk back alone.

"Jo! Can I talk to you for a second?" A snotty voice says behind me, as I turn around, it is a snotty person.

Heather.

"What do you need?" I ask sarcastically, also adding a sarcastic smile. "Don't be a bitch to me, I am just giving useful information." She says.

I roll my eyes, "what is that? Something I can hit you for?" I scoff. "Seriously, knock it off." She says.

"Don't tell me what to do damn it! I have been here way longer than you have, and plus, you took my fucking prize possession when you joined Penske, so give me a reason to not want to beat your ass." I say and cross my arms.

"I'm not even going to bother with you right now. But, the reason I came over here to talk was to tell you that I saw Brad cheat on you."

"Yeah fucking right. Don't lie to me. I don't even have the strength to waist my breath or energy on you." I say and turn my back on her, and start walking.

"I know the truth!" She says running up to me. "And tell me how?" I ask amused. "Because he kissed me."

I start laughing because I am so pissed off. "I really really highly doubt that." "Why is that?" She asks turning me towards her.

"Woah get those hands off me!" I say and shove her back. "Answer the question!" She demands.

"Because, if he went for you that would be a total downgrade from me. Everything about you is disgusting. I don't understand why Penske signed you because you are a complete bitch, and everyone else on Penske are sweethearts."

"You don't even know me." "I know enough. You treat everyone like shit, even people you don't know. I don't know how you are even getting by in life." I scoff.

"Because I earned it!" "By doing what? Sleeping with everyone?" I chuckle. "Fuck you!" "You probably would."

She brings her fist up and lunges it towards me. I grab it and punch her in the face.

"That is for calling me a bitch, and accusing my fiancé of cheating on me with you." I say and she runs back to her hauler.

I probably shouldn't have done that. I'm going to get in trouble.

But it was sure as hell worth it.

I walk back to my garage because I don't want to go home.

I share the garage with Joey.

"The deed is done." I say nonchalantly and sit down on the stool.

"Ew don't talk to me about your sex life." Joey says shaking his head and I laugh.

"Wrong. Not this time. I just uh, punched Heather in the face."

I look up and Joey is looking at me, his eyes bigger than the supermoon. "You are gonna get in trouble!" Joey says.

"I know I didn't think, but she shouldn't get away with what she is doing to everyone! She is treating my friends like shit. I don't care about what she does to me. And she was going to hit me! It was self defense!"

"I understand, but you can't keep hitting everyone when they piss you off."

"Joey, she treats you bad too." He nods and continues his work on his car.

I sigh, and then a few seconds later, Chad walks in, hotter than hell.

"Why did you do that?" He asks. "Self defense. She was going to hit me. I caught her hand."

"You could have left it at that Jo." "Well you obviously haven't seen my track record. I don't just 'leave it at that'."

"We have to go talk to an official." "Im going to claim self defense."

The meeting lasted a few minutes, due to the the security cameras that caught everything, I was granted self defense, but wasn't off the hook.

She got suspended from this race, and I got the next practice, final practice, and qualifying suspended.

So, most likely I'm starting last. 

But luckily, Vegas is one of my best tracks.

I finally get to go back to the motorhome and when I walk in, Katie, Chase, Brad, Joey, and Ryan start clapping.

I bow, and start laughing. "Thank God you did that." Brad smiles.

I sit down next to him and Katie high fives me. "I was gonna do it, just trying to find the right time." She laughs.

"At least you didn't get too much in trouble." Chase says. "I know. I will be okay." "she is such a freaking jerk." Joey says. "I know. I don't like her treating y'all the way she does."

"She's gross." Ryan adds, eating some chips. "And for the record, I would never ever kiss her. Who knows what her mouth has been on." Brad laughs and everyone busts out laughing.

When everyone leaves, Brad and I go to bed. I turn the light off and cuddle into Brad's chest.

"Thanks for not being mad at me." I say after a few minutes of silence. "I wouldn't be because she deserved it." He says.

lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
A little drama to end Thursday night! 😂 I hope this chapter was good! Thanks for putting up with the long gaps in between each chapter being posted. I have just been so busy it's killing me.

Well, thank you guys for reading, commenting, and voting! It means a lot!

I CANT BELIEVE SUNDAY IS ALMOST HERE.

COME ON JOEY! GRAB THAT CHAMPIONSHIP!