A FOREIGN ENCOUNTER

I stand back from the door in fright and run to the bathroom door to get Clay. Clay comes to the door and speak with the agents. I listened to them filling him with information he already knows. Clay argued with them but he eventually lead them inside to me. They inform me of my immigration violation and then escorts me out of the house to a black tinted SUV. Finally feeling settled for the first time and all of this seemed to come apart within minutes. I begin to cry and Clay insisted that he should accompany me to the detention center but the officers refuse and whisked me away into the van. They take me to a low security detention facility putting me in a room with several other women who also seemed to have violated some immigration law. They processed me and I shared with them all that had happened to me. They informed me that it would take 36 hours for my travel documents to be reissued after which I would be placed on a plane back to Jamaica. 36 hours transpired and I find myself on a plane with nothing but the clothes on my back. Over a month ago, its funny to think I arrived full of luggage, full of hopes and dreams. Now here I am leaving on a plane full of strangers with only empty hands and a scarred heart to show for it. While landing in Jamaica, the sight of my home land warm my heart and a feeling of safety envelopes me. I had been through a lot but I am still here standing strong. Life is full of ups and downs, 'who knows what the future holds?'