El Diablo Chato Santana (suicide squad) x reader

Your pov:

"I could hurt you...." he said
.
.
.
"I could burn you...." he said
.
.
.
"I'm scared...."he said
.
.
.
"I'm scared to love you" he said
.
.
.
His words echoed in my head. Like a broken record machine just skipping on the same part over and over. How could I prove to my lover that I wasn't afraid of him. That I knew he wouldn't hurt me, correction he couldn't hurt me. Not when I have metahuman powers that counter his.

With a groan I slam the shot glass down on the counter, startling fellow bar members around me. "Ya look ruff....got problems?" The bartender asks as he refilled my glass. I looked up at him with mixed emotions.

"Should call a friend, talk the problem out and then confront the problem. Cuz you miss are waaay to pretty a thing to look as broken as you are." The bartender says motioning to the phone. I nod and down my glass in one go before making my way to the phone. I enter the number of the only friend I had. Floyd, or better known as deadshot.

The phone rang twice before the line picked up and his voice sounded in the phone. "Hello? Who is this?" He questioned making me smile as I leaned against the side of something next to the phone. Tears slowly making there way down my face.

"Hey Floyd..." my voice choked out. Gravely and raw from the tears now painting my face. "(Y/n)?" What in GD's name is going on? What happened?" He questioned. "I-I....can you come and get me? I'll talk to you about it when you get me.." I say into the phone. "Aiight but I need to know where you are." He says back.
"Its the bar on 5th and Saint."-"I'm coming."

~timeskip~

"So you are telling me.... That Santana is pushing you away? Why? You are a water bending meta...." Floyd says as he continued to drive around in the city. "Yeah.....I don't know how to show him I can take it.... That I am resistant to him. He doesn't listen to me when I try and tell him...I don't know what to do.." I say with a frown. "I have an idea...... But you gotta trust me."

~Timeskip~

"So wait... you are going to light this place in fire....call my boyfriend..... and how is this supposed to help me?" I ask tilting my head at Floyd. "Trust me.... it will." He said before igniting a flame and throwing it on the gas. A few feet away from me. He ran out the door and called Santana leaving me alone as I watched the flames dance. "He is coming!" He yells before going to his car. A few minutes pass and I go to the next floor of the building, the roar of the flames clouding my hearing.

Chato's pov:

I stop my car and get out. My heart stopping and dropping. I ran as fast as I could to get to (y/n) my thoughts plaguing me. I called out her name before running up to the top floor and calling again. I stumbled into a door that was locked. "Y/n!" I yell as I slam into the door to see her on the floor surrounded by flames. Tears flood my vision as I push the flames back so I could get to her. "Y/n?.." I call as I pull her form to me. Standing from the floor and running to the window and jumping out.

I landed on the ground first with her on top of me. I quickly got up however ignoring the pain my body was feeling and put her under me. "No...... no no no you don't get to leave me....please don't be dead.." I cry as tears fall from my eyes. I press my lips to hers gently before pulling back and kissing her again. "C...." I hear something utter from her lips. Hope surges through me. "(Y/n?) I'm right here baby.... I'm right here." I say kissing her forehead.

"Chat...o..." her voice croaks out as she begins coughing uncontrollably. I sigh in relief before kissing her face everywhere I can. Happy tears in my eyes as I kiss her nose. "Wa-ter....ne-ed....water...." I hear. I look around and spot a pond. "I'm getting you water baby. Hold on." I say pulling her up and taking her with me to the waters edge and cup my hands to scoop some water out. I sit her up and let her take a drink. She coughs and opens her eyes before reaching to the water and letting her arm sink into it.