Kings Cross Station

Omg! 55 views, 10 more since I published the last part of my book: Diagon Alley. If you haven't read the whole story I do recommend you read it. I am always working on a new part of my story, but other things get in the way. I try to publish frequently, but if I don't write for a while, I'll be busy with homework and other stuff.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My parents dropped me to Kings Cross Station. It was massive. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the train ticket though:

ONE WAY
LONDON TO HOGWARTS
Platform 9 3/4
11:00

Platform 9 3/4? I thought aloud. Now that's weird. It must have been a typo, because for all I know there isn't a platform 9 3/4. So I looked between platforms 9 and 10, and then between all the other platforms. But no, there wasn't a platform 9 3/4. So I stood between platforms 9 and 10, as it was probably the most obvious place to stand because the platform would be there.

Suddenly someone charged towards me with a trolley, and I hastily pulled my trunk away.

"Watch it!" I yelled.

But I had made a mistake, it was Nico Roa. I felt so embarrassed and guilty that I had to do something.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't realise it was you Nico." And I touched his shoulder.

"That's fine, I apologise for giving you such a shock. May I escort you to platform 9 3/4?"

"I would be most honoured and obliged," I said with a giggle.

And with that, Nico Roa showed me how to get there. You had to be walk through the brick barrier between platforms 9 and 10. You would magically be transported to platform 9 3/4. It was an ingenious idea and I knew that I never would have thought of it. I loved the thought of magic, even though it did creep me out a little. But who cared? I was going to Hogwarts at last. It was going to be my new home for the next 7-8 years.

As I emerged from the barrier, I saw a bright scarlett steam train chugging away. I was amazed and soon found myself with my mouth wide open like a goldfish. It had the letters 'Hogwarts Express' on the front in gold and had many carriages, more than I could count. Wow!

Now I needed to board the train. It was 10:50, so I had a few minutes to look around. I got into the Hogwarts  Express, and found an empty compartment. This was going to be fun.