26

Sirius returned to London with Hermione via side by side apparation and landed in his bedroom. She opened her eyes and pulled away slightly, licking her lips and smiling. He pulled her bag from her shoulders and emptied the contents of his pockets onto the bed and sighed. "As much as I hate this place, I'm rather glad to be back," he said.

"Really?"

"Well yeah," he replied. "You're here."

She smiled and lowered her head. "I have to return to school in two day's time."

He nodded. "Yeah. I know. And you've a lot of studying to do! Hogwarts' end of year exams are brutal as I recall!"

She breathed in deeply. "Yes I do!"

"So I suppose I won't be seeing you then?"

She stared hard at him. "Why not? You just have to promise to keep your hands off me so that I can study!"

He approached her slowly and grinned as he shook his head. "Dunno if I can manage that," he replied in a low voice as he placed his hands on her hips. She playfully turned away. "HEY!"

She giggled as she headed toward the door. "I wonder if Remus and Dora are here?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "Dunno? Why?"

"I think I'd like a bath," she said.

"Ohhh," he said quietly grinning. "Let's find out, shall we?" He approached his bedroom door and opened it. "MARCO!" He listened hard as she giggled. "Remus understands this game, I know he does."

"POLO," was returned by Remus, although it was faint.

Sirius shook his head. "We're not alone. Sorry love."

"That's alright," she said. "We're married now."

Sirius' eyes grew large as he approached her and pulled her to him. "Yes we are...to each other even!"

She giggled and then her face lost all expression. "He's going to have a fit, you know?"

Sirius nodded. "Yes. And he'll just have to get over it, won't he?"

"Yes, he will. They all will."

Sirius nodded his head again. "Mmhmm."

They ventured downstairs to find Remus and Dora in the kitchen. Dora was blowing bubbles with a muggle child's bubble blower while Remus cooked up a simple french onion soup...which wasn't simple at all...he'd been at it all day.

"Ah, you look rested Sirius," Dora said. "How's yer Mum, Mione?"

Hermione nodded. "She's well."

"Lovely."

Sirius sniffed at the air and nodded toward Remus who was stirring the pot and glancing at a cook book that had once belonged to his mother.

"Oi! What you doin' over there, mate?"

"Cooking," Remus replied dryly.

"No shite!" Sirius harrumphed. "Well, you can share the cooking duties then!"

"Mmhmm," Remus murmured.

"I have news," Dora said as she looked into her cousin's eyes.

"Oh yeah, what's that?"

"You're one step closer to being cleared."

Sirius suddenly looked more hopeful than she'd ever seen him.

"Yeah. Pettigrew slipped up and was spotted yesterday."

Sirius' face broke out into the biggest smile that anyone had seen out of him for a long time, save Hermione. He chuckled lowly, but it grew quickly into a full on belly-laugh. His smile faded abruptly. "But will the Ministry admit that they were wrong?"

"They won't have much of a choice," Hermione exclaimed as she encircled Sirius' neck with her arms excitedly. "Will they!"

Dora looked hard at them. "What's that?"

"What," Hermione asked.

"Oh your hand...Oh my! What a beautiful gift, Sirius, it's lovely!"

Only then, did Remus turn around and glanced at her left hand and shook his head, frowning having recognized the stone immediately. "Ooooh! You didn't! Please tell me you didn't?"

Sirius' eyes met with his as he nodded. "I did. She did. We did."

Dora cocked her head to the side. "Did what?"

"They got married," Remus huffed.