Something bad or Something good

A week went by and Naru had gotten most things down, she still had a lot of nightmares that made her way to scared to go back to sleep at night. She was exhausted all the time and had dark bags under her eyes, whenever she was standing it would look as though she would fall asleep right where she stood.

There was always a look of sadness on her face that made the men who were currently acting as her teachers want to beat every person on the living earth that had hurt her. At the moment, she was currently sparring with the Third Hokage.

Over the week she had trained harder than she usually did, all of her skills and abilities were up to Kage-level. Sarutobi and she were fighting on the same level, both were equally exhausted and Naru had gotten rid of her dead-last attitude making both Iruka and The Hokage very happy because they didn't have to deal with the constant yelling anymore.

Naru's lessons with Shikamaru and Iruka went swimmingly and in the end, she could dress, write in a straight line and her fingers were now very sensitive .

"Okay Naru, I believe we got you up to scratch on everything." The Third managed to say in between pants as he was beaten by the blonde-headed kunoichi. She nodded at him with a smile due to her stage of fixing her vocal cords, she became much quieter and not as bubbly.

"Do you think you're ready for the Academy?" he asked her in a quiet voice, he sat down on his maroon couch with a towel around his neck. Naru frowned and shook her head, the now balding man nodded in understanding. Over the week Shikamaru, Iruka, and Sarutobi all had come to understand what she wanted to say without actually voicing it, it was as if they could read each other just by the body language and the emotions that went through their eyes.

All of them had gotten close, Iruka and Sarutobi were like family to Naru but to her, there was a place in her heart for Shikamaru, she just didn't know where that place was. The blonde had never experienced love or crushes before, she was only good with family love and sometimes admiration.

When the blind ninja walked into class the next day with Iruka-Sensei and Shikamaru in tow, the whole class looked at her surprised. The usual orange wearing kunoichi was now wearing a maroon sleeveless dress that showed some of her cleavage. Over that was a long blue jacket that had short sleeves, above that was two aqua sashes, one that was just under her breast and the other was just around her hips.

(A/n: picture up top and the rest you can imagine.)

On her thighs were bandaging that went to her knees before they were cut off by her knee high, black shinobi shoes. The same bandages went from where her jacket sleeves were cut off all the way to her finger tips. Her right thigh held a regular shinobi pouch that held the standard kunai and shuriken, on the left thigh she had the same pouch that had different scrolls in it.

Under the bandages she had a lot of seals, most to help her with her training but others were filled with stuff that Naru used when she was bored. Her emergency fun stuff were easy things for Naru to use especially since she was blind, most of it was books and her sealing stuff.

Her hair cut off at her shoulders and was now tied up in a ponytail with a black ribbon to hold it in place. Shikamaru stepped into the room with Naru close behind him, there were no seats that were next to each other but that's because they usually set next to other people.

Shikamaru sat next to Choji and Naru sat next to Hinata, who spoke to her in whispers. Iruka walked to the front and called for everyone to quiet down when they didn't he used his big-head Jutsu and yelled, "QUIET DOWN!"

Naru instantly put her hands to her ears and waited until Iruka's head went back down to a normal size, her hands came off of ears as she listened to the brunette call out names for the final exam. When her turn came up she walked over to where she heard his voice, whispers erupted in the room most along the lines of 'she'll fail immediately.'