Tuesday

Are You Sexting Warren

Good morning, beautiful :) - Warren

I smiled at the text Warren had sent me this morning. We had stayed up most of the night texting back and forth. Jen and Adam had woke me up an hour ago and dragged me to a diner to get some breakfast. The place was nice with a red, black, and white color scheme. The floor was black and white checkerboard, while the walls and booths were a vibrant red. The walls had a few posters and pictures hanging on them, giving the whole place a very family friendly feel to it, which seemed to be working as the place was teeming with families of many various sizes.

"Are you sexting Warren?" Jenna asked.

"No! Why is everything dirty to you?" Jen shrugged her shoulders. I laughed at my best friend and soon Adam joined.

Jen pouted at us and playfully said, "Stop laughing!"

We did stop though because the waiter came to take our orders. When he got to me his eyes skimmed me from head to toe and he smirked, "And what can I get you?"

I gave him my order and he smirked once more before walking away to put our orders in. Jenna, Adam, and I played our usual game of making up the back stories of the people in the diner. I had picked a women that kept fidgeting in her seat and said that she had the world's biggest wedgie and was trying to get it out without anyone noticing. Jen's story featured a couple of waiters who kept giving each other dirty looks. Jen explained that they were childhood enemies until last week when they slept together and they are both awkward to work with the other one. But not to worry they will end up with each other sooner or later.Adam won though when he made up a story about a man who was really a woman and was meeting his/her secret male lover behind his/her wife's back.

We all were laughing when the waiter came back over with our food. Before he walked away again he put something next to my plate, a slip of paper folded in half. Opening it I saw it was his number.

"He gave you his number? Damn he's got balls." Jen asked. I nodded and opened my mouth to say something when the napkin was taken out of my hand.

"Why is it both times I see you a boy is giving you his number, Callie?" A deep voice asked. I jumped up and wrapped my arms around Warren's neck. He in return wrapped his arms around my back. I moved my head from its spot in his neck to peck his lips. We stared at each other until a throat being cleared broke us apart. Warren put me down and we both sat on my side of the booth.

"Warren these are my friends Adam and Jenna. Guys this is Warren." I waved my hand in the air to each person as I said their name.

"Nice to meet you both. Callie told me a lot about you guys." Warren said shaking hands with both Jen and Adam.

Breakfast passed with comfortable conversions among all of us. Adam and Jenna were telling Warren embarrassing stories from when we were younger when the waiter came with our check. He once again smirked at me. Warren tightened the arm he had around my shoulders and glared at the waiter. The annoying smirk fell off his face and he backed away a few steps.

~*~

My arms tightened around Warren's neck and my legs wrapped around his torso. I was laughing while he ran around his backyard with me on his back. We had spent a few hours with Jen and Adam and then decided to go to Warren's house to be alone with each other. Warren then slid me around to the front of his body and lowered us to the ground with him on top of me.

"I love your laugh. Your eyes light up and it makes you look so much more perfect than you already are." He said pushing a piece of my light brown hair behind my ear. I blushed at his comment, "I like it when you blush too."

I giggled at him and pulled his head down. Our lips met and he bit my lip slightly which earn a surprised gasp from me. Our tongues fought for control which he won. I snaked my arms up his back to wrap around his neck and tangle my fingers in his ink colored hair. His hand moved down my body to pull me closer while his other held him up so he wasn't crushing me. I arched my back and brought myself closer to him. Warren pulled away too soon. He rolled over so he wasn't on top of me anymore but next to me. I rested my head on his chest and put my hand over his heart. I could feel his frantic heartbeat under my hand matching mine.

"Warren, what is going on?" A man that looked like an older version of Warren said walking out of the house. We jumped up, my cheeks on fire.

"Um... Dad... we were... um... We were just hanging out." Warren said flustered.

"OK, sure. Who is this?"

"This is Callie, my..." He trailed off looking at me. The look in his eyes said it all. What were we?

"Your other half. It's nice to meet you, Callie. Are you staying for dinner?" Warren's dad said. I looked at Warren and he nodded smiling slightly.

"Sure, Mr. Francis." I said smiling.

"You can call me Jake."

Dinner was fun. Mr. Francis-I mean Jake- told me stories about Warren as a kid and I am happy he had his share of embarrassing stories.

"When Warren was around five, I think, he wanted to dress up as Princess Leia. He pulled a hissy fit for about a week when me and his Mom said he couldn't. I finally got tired of his begging and let him. His hair was long enough back then to to put his hair in the weird bun thing. His mom was so angry when I let him go trick or treating dressed up as Princess Leia. The next day she took him to get a haircut and came back with his hair buzzed."

Jake's eyes would get a faraway look and he grew silent a few times when Warren's mother was mentioned. I did not know why she left the two males in front of me but I knew it was probably the stupidest thing she ever did.

"Dad! Stop it. Caille doesn't want to hear stories about the past." Warren said his face bright red.

"I would love to hear more stories about Warren when he was little." I said to Jake laughing. Jake's eyes lost the glaze to them and he suddenly focused back on Warren and I.

~*~

"Warren, don't hate me." I started.

"I cannot ever hate you."

"Why did your mother leave you?" Warren sighed and stared at the starry sky and when I thought he was mad and wouldn't answer he opened his mouth and began telling me the story.

"My parents met when they were 21. My mother was rich and she loved it. My dad wasn't either rich or poor. They met and fell in love in seconds. A year later they were married and I was on the way. After I was born money got tighter than my mother liked. Mother refused to work, coming from money and all she wasn't used to it, so my dad worked more hours and was home less and less, but he was still an amazing dad. My mother on the other hand would look at me like she hated me.

Soon she was hooking up with a married doctor that lived down the street from us. She was in hotels with him more than she was home. When I was ten she left my dad for the doctor and he left his other half, my friend Gwen's mom, for mother too. Dad was broken after that. His friends were around a lot trying to help. They took care of me when my dad couldn't and got both me and dad to eat when we didn't care. It got better after I turned thirteen. As you saw dad sometimes will stop what he's doing and just sit there but he is doing a lot better and I have a feeling you'll help with that."

Hearing the story about the women Warren was forced to call mom was heartbreaking and I had only one thought running through my mind, "What a bitch!"

Warren laughed at my outburst and wrapped his arm around me. He rested his chin on my shoulder.

"You know my dad loves you, right?"

"Well that's good. But, you won't get off that easy with my dad."

"I wouldn't expect anything else."