Chapter Seventeen

Miranda

Hunter and I walked down the hall and I was surprised to see my dad laughing while holding a squealing baby Owen.

"Dad?"

He looked at me and smiled "Hi Love bug. Would you care to explain what this little bugger is doing here and why there is blood in my drive way?" He said before bouncing Owen up and down like crazy.

Owen squealed and put grabbed my father's hair with his chubby little hands

I looked at Hunter and noticed that he had a shock expression on his face

"What is it?" I whispered

He continued to stare at my dad "Owen is very picky when it comes to people. If he doesn't like a person, he cries until either my mom or I carry him. I guess even at his age, he can guess what type of person you are "

"He didn't cry when I picked him up" I said curiously

"And that's why you saw me standing in the middle of the market looking like a idiot with my mouth hanging open" he grinned "That was the first time he let someone other than family pick him up"

"And here I thought, that you were smiling at my beauty" I said with a giggle

He mumbled something that was so low that I couldn't here over Baby Owen's squeals.

I looked at him and was about to ask him to repeat what he said when my father repeated his questions.

"Miranda Kennedy Summers, I will not ask you again" he said with a smile "Why is there a baby in my house, blood in my driveway, and a strange boy walking out of the bathroom with my baby girl?"

Hunter and I both blushed

"Dad, this is Hunter Bradley, my friend from school. Hunter this is my father, James Summers"

Hunter held out his hand "Hi Sir, it's a pleasure to meet you"

Dad raised an eyebrow and shook Hunter's hand "The pleasure is all mine" he said "It's nice to finally meet one of Mira's friends"

I blushed in embarrassment when Hunter sent me a questioning look

"Well, judging by that split lip,black eye, and my son's bloody knuckles, I think I might have an idea of what happened" he paused and smiled when Owen made sounds to catch his attention "But to assume things would be very foolish until I have all the facts laid out on the table"

All three of my brothers rolled their eyes

"Lawyer mode" Hayden smirked "Old dogs never change"

I rolled my eyes "Hunter asked me to watch Owen and I just couldn't leave him hanging. I told Jaime exactly what I'm telling you and when I came down with Owen in my hands, Luke freaked. Jaime made it worse when he said Owen was my secret love child and Hunter was the father"

"No wonder he punched me" Hunter muttered "I would punch me too"

I laughed