Chapter Ten

Miranda

"As I was saying Ms. Summers" our New Realtor said "I think this would be more than enough space to accommodate your needs"

I nodded at her

She was much better than the last Realtor. She was a professional and very understanding of what I was looking for.

"So do we have a deal?" She held out her hand

I smiled and shook it "Yes, Mrs. Monroe. We have a deal"

She beamed at me before handing both Luke and I her card "I will fax over the paper work as soon as possible Ms. Summers. It was a pleasure doing business with you both"

As soon as she was out of earshot, I sighed in relief.

Luke laughed "Are you sure you didn't want to check out other places?" He asked

I shook my head "Nope. I like this place and with some decorations I think it could be just the place I was looking for"

He shrugged and wrapped his arms around my shoulders"If you say so Sis"

I poked him "Thanks for helping me today Mr. Lawyer"

He chuckled and pulled away from me "Shut up. Stop making fun of me"

"I mean it!" I laughed "You were really impressive today"

"So I'm not impressive everyday?" He pouted

I chuckled and punched his shoulder "Come on you big baby, I'll buy you dinner"

He started clapping like a seal

I rolled my eyes

"Dork" I muttered before running to my car.

I had to be careful not to kill myself because of the 6 inch heels I was wearing

"YOU LITTLE BRAT!!" He yelled from behind me right before I heard the echo of his shoes coming after me

I jumped in my car and locked the doors a second before Luke could catch me.

I stuck my tongue out at him and started making weird faces

He pounded on my window "Open up Miranda Kennedy"

"No"

"Come on Miranda! I'm hungry and it's hot out here!!"

"Just follow behind me in your car"

"I didn't bring my car" he said

"Then how did you get here?"

"I asked a friend to drop me off"

"Ohh" I laughed "Was it that girl I heard on your phone?"

He rolled his eyes "Maybe"

"Is she your girlfriend?" I asked

"No" he said "She's just a friend. Now open up"

I pouted and opened the car door "You're no fun. I'm gone for 3 years and when I decided to have fun with my big brother, you turn me down"

He got in and glared at me before taking off his jacket and tie and throwing them on my car floor "I hate that damn thing"

I rolled my eyes and pulled out of the parking lot "Then why did you choose a profession that required you to wear a suit?"