Chapter Five

Miranda

"I'm HOME!!!" I screamed as soon as I stepped foot in the house. No one hollered back so I assumed it was empty.

I walked in the kitchen and found a note on the table.

Sis,

Sorry if we're not here when you come back but the boys wanted to hang out with us. It's your turn to make dinner anyways so go grocery shopping.

~Love your Handsome Brother Luke, Your Ugly Brother Hayden, and Your Nerdy Brother Jamie.

I huffed but then giggled wondering what Hayden's reaction must have been when Luke wrote that. None of my brothers were ugly.

In fact, their quite the opposite of ugly.

And their quite the ladies men.

If I didn't love them so much, I would have slapped them into the afterlife for having so many "Lady Friends", their words not mine.

Sighing I went up to my room and changed out of my school clothes before heading to the market.

/////////

When I was at my local Von's, I immediately went to the meat department and grabbed 6 steaks. Than I went to the produce aisle and go a salad mix and a sack of potatoes.

I was looking at the list on my phone when I crashed my cart into someone else's.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't paying attention!" I exclaimed.

The person laughed and my whole body froze.

I knew that laugh.

I heard that laugh not too long ago.

When I looked up, my eyes landed on bright Hazel ones.

His widened for a second before he began scratching his neck nervously. He looked down at his cart and then that's when I noticed the baby car seat.

My heart lodged in my throat for some unknown reason.