<•>Chapter Two<•>

II

SOTC >•< Fly by Nicki Manaj ft. Rihanna
        They got their guns out aiming at me

At least I've made it into a town. Most of the buildings contain useless things that I'll never need. I realize that I forgot to tuck my shirt behind my knife so it's easy to grab, so I do so.

It's getting late and all I've done is walk. Another unproductive day. The soles of my shoes are coated with asphalt, my blistering feet are peeling and my skinny, bare legs are struggling to hold the weight of my starving body.

I decide to set up camp for a short rest. There is one big problem that comes with being alone, you have to keep watch and sleep and you can't do both at the same time. I guess I'll just have to take that risk.

I sit down on the side of a vacant road. I guess I could have slept in one of the houses a few hours back but I'm not walking anymore.

I unzip the duffel bag that I Carry around my sore shoulders. I dump the contents out onto the gravel to see what I have. I haven't properly settled down for a good nights sleep in at least three months so I don't remember what I have. I find a tarnished sleeping bag, tensor bandages, powdered milk, seven water bottles, two of which are half empty, a giant can of pudding, (A/N If the Walkers don't get me type 2 diabetes will. OMG that meme tho!) a smashed peanut butter and jelly sandwich, a diet soda, a disintegrated cookie, a first aid kid and the last thing that I forgot I had was my gun. I've always been too scared to use it. Well that was before I really realized how bad things were. Now I wouldn't even hesitate.

I lay my sleeping bag out but keep it unzipped just in case I need to jump up and go in a rush. I slump into my sleeping bag and grab the first aid kid. I put some antibiotics on the wounds that are mutilating my feet every time I take even the slightest step. I eat half the demolished sandwich and take a swig of water. Although as of right now I have it better than most people when I comes to food and water, I still need to make it last. I put a fresh load in my gun and lay it down next to me for easy access and pack up the rest of the spilled contents of my bag. Yawning, I slouch deeper into the sleeping bag which is the closest thing to warmth I've known in as long as I can remember and drift into a deep sleep.

<•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•>

I'm trapped in a desolate room alone. Where I am, I have no idea. All I know is that I'm connected to tubes.

"What is she?"

"Where did she come from?"

"Why is her hair blue?"

"Why is she alone?"

"Is she part of a group?"

"Is that her gun?"

"How is she not dead?"

Questions are bouncing off the walls around me.

"Can she hear us?"

"I thinks she's waking up!"

<•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•>

I squint my eyes up at the ombre effects of the sunrise turning from purple to orange and realize there is a silhouette in front of it. Not just one silhouette but three blocking my vision from the sunrise.