<•>Chapter Seven<•>

VII

A/N 11-21-16: So this is going to be my favourite chapter I can already tell.

    SOTC >•< Immortals by Fall Out Boy
It might be your wound but they're my sutures

Rick, Michonne and I are all watching Carl hastily throw darts at a target in attempts to improve his clearly awful aim. His missing eye is really throwing him off. He's lucky to even hit the edge of the target.

I'm starting to get sick of watching his talentless self, so I stand up, retrieve the darts and push him out of the way. I proceed to nail all the darts right in the bullseye, then turn to look at Carl with a wide grin and he rolls his one eye.

Once I've finished showing off, I take a seat next to Enid.

When Michonne and Rick have left, Enid gets up from the floor and grabs a bunch of things. Carl stops throwing the darts and gives Enid a cynical look but recommences.

"Carl come with me," I say.

"Why the hell would I do that?"

"We can't let her leave, now come on!"

"I swear to god Phyre, you just irk me sometimes," he says.

We're walking outside and for some reason when Carl sees Enid try to climb the fence he rushes to stop her. She's doing the same things she always does, sticking the bars through the holes and conquering them like a ladder.

"Enid?"

"I need to see Maggie," she says, reaching for another bar.

"You're walking to the Hilltop? It's far."

"I'll be fine."

"Yeah. Maybe," he says.

"I'll be fine." She says sternly. "I have better aim than you."

I can't help but laugh at that one. He glares at me and I shut up, but when he looks back at Enid he looks saddened by her comment.

"I didn't mean it that way."

"I'm not saving you anymore," he says.

"Back in the armoury? You saved me?"

I bite my lip to keep from smiling at the tension between these two. The obviously have feelings for each other.

"You made it back in one piece, you're still here."

"Enid, I don't think he's talking about that," I say.

She pauses and looks back down at both of us.

"I'm sorry you two had to see it."

"I'm not."

And with that, Enid resumes climbing the ladder she assembled.

<•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•>

"Phyre, come with me."

"What, why?"

I don't know what he wants but I follow him anyways.