<•>Chapter Three<•>

III

A/N 10-26-16: There are spoilers from the season 7 premier in this so if you haven't watched it and don't want to be spoiled don't read this because you will be spoiled.  You have been warned. 

SOTC >•< Crossfire by Stephan
      When faith still needs a gun whose                          ammunition justifies the wrong.

I've spent the last year with these people. A girl named Enid came to be my best friend. Carl and I get along better now but we're far from friendship. Rick treats me like his own child as well as Michonne. Daryl and Carol are decent but I'm not really close to them. Glenn and my shifts are the same so we guard the walls together. Maggie and I talk a lot actually. As for Rosita, Abraham, Sasha, Aaron and Eugene, I honestly don't think we've ever even shared a conversation.

We found a small village that has alleviated the amount of worry we have when it comes to survival for at least the past six or seven months. We still see people die but not as customarily. Carl taught me how to shoot a rifle. Enid taught me how to sneak better. Daryl is currently teaching me how to shoot a crossbow because I'd found one in an old Halloween store and avowed it to be my own. Now, I'm beginning to think I might never get to shoot again because I'll probably be dead. 

<•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•>

I'm thrown to the ground by a robust man and pulled upright by my hair.  Seconds later Carl plonks down next to me without having to be asked.  I look over at him and he has a loathing look in his one eye.

The stars are illuminating very little light, the moon providing not much more so we can't see and even though it's cold, my forehead is dripping with sweat.  I'm scared.  For the first time in months, I'm actually scared.  I look over at Rick for reassurance.  My mistake. He's not just scared.  No, he's terrified.  When Rick's scared, were all scared.  We're condemned. 

Daryl, Michonne, Rosita and Glenn are dragged out of the back of a trailer.  Daryl has a blanket sheathed over his shoulders that he wraps tighter around him when he's thrown to the ground.  I watch as these bodies are forced from the trailer and onto the uneven gravel in our linear ruling of people.  Then I see Glenn, struggling.  I want to just scream at him to give up.  There really is no use trying to fight this off it's just not going to work.  I realize I'm probably thinking to myself but maybe I need this.  Everybody else is trying to be hopeful that we'll make it out.  I guess I'm just being realistic.  Everybody needs to wake the hell up and come to decipher what is being stripped from us and wake the hell up. 

"Alright we've got a full boat.  Let's meet the man." He swings open the trailer door and out steps a gruff looking man.  I hate him.  I haven't met him.  But I hate him.  I have a gut feeling and I know he's just one of those people who belongs in Hell. There's something about the way he smirked when he stepped out of that vehicle, or maybe the way he talked and the words he said.  Or maybe it was the choice of weapon.  The weapon that would most likely kill us all.  Yeah that was definitely it. 

"Pissing our pants yet?"

He starts taking small strides towards us. 

"Boy, do I have a feeling we're getting close.  Yep.  It's gonna be pee-pee pants city real soon.  Which one of you pricks is the leader?"

"It's this one," the annoying son of a bitch that led us here says, pointing to Rick.  "He's the guy."

He strolls up to Rick with a grin on his face that says everything.  I'm going to fucking kill you.  Yeah one of those looks and starts talking a bunch of bullshit and I zone out.