<•>Chapter Five<•>

V

A/N 11-07-16: Another filler chapter but this time you get to see a little bit of Phyre's past. BTW I changed her name because I hated the name Pia after about one week of using it and I also changed the cover...again. But I promise this should be the last time.

       SOTC >•< Gasoline by Halsey
    You can't wake up, this is not a dream

Where is Daryl? Where is Negan? Where is Carol? Where is Morgan? Where is Gabriel? Where is Enid? Where is Tara? Where is Heath?

<•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•>

I wake up in a cold sweat from a nightmare. My breathing is heavy and uneven and there are beads of sweat coating my body, causing my oversized band T-shirt to stick to my body.

I think back to the dream that I have just awoken from.

<•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•>

I'm sitting in my dark bedroom, listening to my mother downstairs. She's driving me insane. All she ever does is get drunk and hookup with random dudes behind my fathers back. I wish I could tell him but she's threatened to disown me.

I'm holding the knife between my bloody fingers, and drive it deep into the flesh of my wrist, over, over, over again until I've become numb to the pain.

I slide the fabric of my long-sleeved black shirt over my wrists and run down the stairs. I can't take it any more. I tear the expensive bottle of champagne out of her grasp and pour it down the drain. Without thinking, my mother raises her hand and connects it to the side of my face, hard. Tears are stinging my eyes but I do not let them fall. I mustn't let them fall. My mother has become a monster.

I sprint up the stairs to my room and see that there's a blood stain on the white carpets. Before my mother can see it, I throw a rug over it and bandage my wrists.

I look at the drawer that contains my stash of drugs and almost give in. I'm high enough without them anyways.

I stare at myself in the mirror and pick part anything about my appearance that connects me to my mother. My great eyes, my complexion, my lips. Everything.

I think back to one month earlier when I walked onto the school bus with bruises and cuts covering my body. Another one of my moms beating rituals. All I heard were whispers, kept from me. Those voices won't leave me alone.

They call me strange, deranged. I try not to let it get to me but usually my nights are spent alone, lighting a match to a cigarette and chain smoking until sunrise. All because everybody constantly blames me.

<•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•>

I come back from that dream knowing that everything alright. She's changed. I've changed. We're better now. We're a normal family.

<•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•>

I snap back to reality form that flashback and realize, that wasn't even close to hell. This, this is hell. This isn't even a nightmare. This is hell. You always wake up from nightmares. But you can come back from hell. We're not just going to wake up. This is not a dreams. This is real life now.

A/N 11-07-16: Sorry for the short chapter.  I promise they'll start to get longer when we see Rick's group again.

QOTD>•<Who are you?

AOTD>•<Negan. Lol JK.

RQOTD>•<Live your life and forget you age. ~Norman Vincent Peale

HOPE YOU ENJOYED GHOULS!!!

Word Count>•<590

Published>•<11-07-16