Saved

I lay down on the ratty old mattress and cry. I don't know what I'm going to do now. I'm pregnant and I'm worried that I'm not going to be able to support it and if I'm going to be a good mom or not. I don't even know if Sam will stay with me. He said that he will be with me forever but I don't know how he will react to this. How did this even happen? Sam wore a condom and I am taking birth control. Even if the condom broke, the birth control is still there. It must be expired. But I just got that like a month ago and birth control expires in 6 months. I think the doctor gave me expired birth control. Damn. I sigh and hold my head. I must be getting a headache from thinking and crying too much. I close my eyes and take a nap, hoping this is all a dream. I wake up and see a 12 year old me and a 13 year old Sam. Were sitting on a picnic blanket on the beach. I remember this day, it was the day me and Sam went on our first day. I smile. Then all of sudden the younger me starts to cry. I look at them confused. "Why am I crying" I say to myself. Then she starts to speak.

"Sam, I'm pregnant" she says, looking at him nervously. Sam did not take it well. He starts to yell at her, calling her so many names and saying that the child is not his. Then the worst thing that I can ever see happens. Sam starts to beat her. I close my eyes and look away. I open my eyes and see that I'm still in the basement. I'm all sweaty and breathing really hard,

"It was just a dream" I say to myself. I roll onto my side and feel something hard under me. I sit up and look. I see my phone and my eyes go wide.

"Those idiots never took my phone" I said. I smile and turn on my phone. It had a full battery. I smile with joy. I look at the time and saw that it was 2 in the morning. I look at the date and my eyes go wide. I have been in the this basement for a month now. I instantly go to my contacts and call Sam. I eagerly wait as the phone rings.

"Hello" a tired Sam says.

"SAM! it's me Jaelyn" I say.

"Jaelyn, Oh my gosh, where are you, are you ok, tell me where you are, I need to find you" he said.

"Sam, calm down. I'm fine. Do you remember the tracking thing I downloaded into your phone" I said.

"Yea" he said, confused.

"Well, I downloaded it for a reason. It was for, when one of us get lost. I'm gonna turn my tracker on and it's going to tell you where I am. When it tells you where I am, call the cops and send them to that location ok. Tell them that I am in the basement" I said.

"Ok, the police have been trying to find you for almost a month. Once I tell them where you are, they will go right away" he said. I smiled. Finally, I will be out of this death hole.

"Ok, bye Sam. I love you" I said.

"I love you more, bye" he said, then he hung up. I'm surprise that I was calm throughout that whole thing. I lie down and I start to feel my eyes go weak and my body tremble. "Oh no, my body must be given up" I say to myself. I open my eyes wide and struggle to keep my eyes open. 30 minutes pass and I hear a knock at the front door of the house. Then all of sudden I hear shouting and a bunch of feet moving upstairs. The basement door flies open and I see police officers and Sam enter the room. My vision starts to blur and the last thing I see is Sam's face above me. Then everything goes dark.