Nightmares

Chapter 6

 I walk into a dark room and see two people standing over someone. As I walk closer, I hear them laugh. There must be a third person because I hear screaming. I finally reach them and I see that it's my parents. I look over their shoulders and I see that the third person is a 8 year old me. I'm tied to a pole that used to be in my parents room and I have no shirt on. The younger me is screaming for them to let her go but they just stand there and laugh. Then they start to hit her with a belt that had spikes on it. I look away and just hear screaming and laughing. The whipping noise finally stopped and I look to see what was going on. I see my mom and dad grab rubbing alcohol and open it. I look at the younger me and notice that her back is bleeding. They walk over to her and start to pour it on her back. She screams in pain. I run over to her trying to help but they don't notice me. After they stop pouring the alcohol, they grab the belt and do the whole process all over again. They whip her until you can see meat. I scream, trying to make them hear me but nothing happens. My breathing starts to become heavy and I start to panic not knowing what to do. I feel someone shaking me but I don't know who and that's when my eyes open. I see all the boys standing around me, looking at me worried.

"Are you okay Jae? Why were you screaming?" Kian said. I look around the room to see that we are still in the hospital. "It was just a dream" I say to myself, running fingers through my hair.

"Sorry guys, I had a nightmare" I said to them, wiping my face. I noticed that I was crying in my sleep.

"Do you want to talk about it" Sam whispered in my ear. I shook my head no and laid my head on his chest.

"Are you sure?" he asked worried. I think about if I should tell him not because I have never told him about the abuse.

"I will tell you later" I said, looking up at him.

"Ok" he said and rubbed my shoulder. I look at the guys and they are staring at me.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"That was scary" Connor said. I looked at them with a confused look.

"What was scary?" I asked. They make no sense.

"They are talking about when you were asleep" Sam said. I looked at him confused.

"The way you acted, when you were sleeping. You were screaming and crying and you were breathing really fast" Sam said.

"Oh" I said.

"Yea, we tried to wake you up but, it took a while" JC said,

"Really, when did you start to try to wake me up?" I asked.

"When you started screaming" Trevor said. I looked at him with wide eyes. That was at the beginning of my dream.

"Damn, how long was I acting like that?" I asked.

"Like, an hour" Sam said. I look at him with "are you serious" face. He shook his head yes and looked at me worried.

"Well, sorry for scaring you guys" I said, playing with the blanket.

"It's ok, we were just worried about you" Kian said. I just shook my head. I can't believe I did that in front of them, it's so embarrassing, but I don't control what I dream about. We sat there in silence for a while. It was really awkward but at the same time it wasn't. Just in time, a nurse came in, to save us from the awkwardness.

"Hey Sam, how you feeling?" she asked him, rubbing his arms.

"I feel a whole lot better" he said, smiling at her. She smiles back and I roll my eyes. I'm usually not the type to get jealous but sometimes it just happens. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath and calmed down. "She's just being nice, don't get angry. Calm down" I thought to myself. I opened my eyes and looked at Sam. He was giving me a weird look. I just smiled and looked away.