Day Of Killings

Chapter 14 

I wake up to Sam shaking me.

"5 more minutes, babe" I say and roll over to my side. He sighs and starts shaking me again.

"Sorry babe. I know you want to sleep but we have to go to your fathers thing" he says. I sigh and get up. I'm so exhausted from last night that I feel like I can sleep for hours. I get up and stumble towards the bathroom. I turn on the hot water and strip. I hop in and close my eyes as the hot water hits me.

"Don't hog all the water Jae" Sam says, laughing. I smile and grab the soap and start washing my body and my hair. I wash off my body and hug Sam.

"What's wrong Jae?" Sam says, hugging me.

"I don't know how to feel about today" I say.

"What do you mean?" Sam says, confused.

"I don't know if I should be sad or relieved" I say. Sam doesn't say anything.I sigh and let go of Sam. Today is going to be a hard day. I can feel it. I hop out of the shower and get dressed into some black leggings and a white button up shirt/dress. I put on some white flats and braid my hair to the side. I put on my white beanie and go check on Sam.

"Sam, are you done?" I say.

"Yea, I'm just brushing my teeth. I walk into the bathroom and start to brush my teeth too. We say goodbye to the group and head out. Throughout the whole ride there, I was just thinking about what's going to happen. We finally arrive and I instantly get nervous. Sam holds my hand and we walk in. I see my parents lawyer and he leads me to a room where I think we're going to talk.

"Sam, I'm nervous. What if he does something? What if he yells at me? I don't know what to do" I say panicking. Sam grabs my face and looks me in the eyes.

"Calm down, babe. Everything is going to be ok" he says. He kisses me and I kiss him back. I hear someone clear their throat in front of us and I see my father sitting there. There's also a cop in the room. At least there some type of protection in the room. We stay silent for a minute and then he speaks.

"Who's that?" he says, looking at Sam.

"That's my boyfriend Sam" I say. he just nods.

"Who said you can have a boyfriend?" he says.

"I did" I say with attitude.

"Watch it young lady. I'm still your father" he says.

"You stopped being my father the day you started beating me" I say.

"I wouldn't have had to beat you, if you would have just behaved" he said.

"I always behaved. I did everything right, but I guess none if it was enough" I said, shaking my head.I fix my dress and look back up at my father.

"When did that happened" he said, nodding his head towards my stomach.

"6 months ago" I say. I surprise he hasn't flipped out on me.

"Your so stupid you know, haven't you ever heard of protection" he says, getting angry.

"Yes, I have dad. We used a condom and I was on birth control. The condom broke and the doctor gave me expired pills by accident" I say.

"Excuses, excuses" he says. I roll my eyes.

"Whatever dad. It's my child not yours. You don't have to worry about it" I say.

"What made you fall in love with her. She's ugly, stupid, and is such a bitch" he says to Sam.

"She is none of that, I love her unlike you and your wife. I treat her like a princess and would never lay a finger on her" Sam says, angrily. My dad laughs and shakes his head.