Chapter 15~The Princess Date

I lied on my bed while Carmen talk more and more about phrase two. It was basically turning Iva into a mean person toward Josh and trying to make him jealous. I knew, since the first day she started talking to me about this, I wouldn't be able to do it. 

"Then, after you do that, I'm sure he'll be jealous," Carmen told me. I could hear the smile appearing on her face as she is that. 

"I don't know Carmen. I don't think I can do it. I don't know if it's right," I honestly told her as I scratch the back of my head with my other hand. 

I heard her sigh as if she was getting ready to tell me something.

"Iva, I have to tell you something about Josh. I think this is going to make you see what I'm talking about," Carmen said.

I sat up on my bed, now curious what she's going to tell me. 

As much as I wanted to know, I also didn't want to know.

"I'm all ears"

"While I was dating Josh, he told me something about him that... is interesting," Carmen started.

"Yeah..." I rubbed the back of my neck now really intrigued by this conversation.

"He use to made out with Candy all the time. It doesn't matter who or if he was dating. He like doing that," She said, bluntly.

My mouth hung open for a bit.

Is what she's saying is true? Did Josh really use to cheat on his girlfriends?

"He didn't do that with me because Candy moved before he asked me out," 

"Are you saying there's a chance he would cheat on me with Candy? I don't believe you," I told her. 

"Really? Did Josh tell you that Candy's having a pool party this Saturday?" She questioned me. 

I was dumbfounded once again. 

"No.." I trailed off.

"Well last I check, you were invited," She popped her gum.

"I am?"

"Yeah, it's weird he didn't tell you... especailly since Saturday coming soon. Maybe he's already cheating on you"

"Or!" I shouted but then calmed down.

"Or.... Maybe he forgot?" I didn't mean to make it come out as a question but it did.

"Yeah... Forgot..." I could almost hear the rolling of her eyes.

Lily head popped into my room.

"Hey, Josh and random little girl is here. Is that his daughter?" Lily said.

"No. Tell him I'm coming and then go to your room," I told her.  

She disappeared quickly around the corner.

"Hey Carmen, I have to go," I said, glad that Josh had interrupted  our conversation.

"Whatever. Just remember what I told you," then she hung up the phone.

I toss my phone aside and cover my face.

I don't know what I'll do if Carmen is right.

My phone vibrated and I check who texted me. It was Rob. This suddenly gave me an idea.

'hey! Did I leave my earring at your house???' - the message said.

I check my drawer to see that his earring's were here.

'They're here actually. Can I ask you a favor?'- I answered. 

I grabbed my phone and head downstair. Josh was on the couch, texting anyone and the girls were giggling about their princess dress.